Smilies

bambua

I just upgraded our RC3 board to 1.0.0. I can see the new smilies if I browse to: styles/default/xenforo/smilies/ But in the editor it still shows the original ones. Was this supposed to upgrade automatically?

I think it would be nice if the individual smiles were selectable. It would just make it faster to get the url.

Regarding my facepalm -

It's an attempt at humor as it's an appropriate place for a :facepalm: . I struck out on the selectable smilies and struck out on the :facepalm:..... so I :facepalm:ed

I did need to upload it somewhere
That has been uploaded by me.

If you ever want to use it you can just embed the URL: http://xenforo.com/community/attachments/facepalm-gif.13274/?embedded=1

Or save it to your PC, upload it somewhere and use your own URL.

I did need to upload it somewhere else to work.

Quick question, is it storing the actual image in the XF database or just the url? If it's just the url then you have to be careful not to move or delete the image file, correct?

All attachments are stored in the file system.
Only the details are stored in the database.

If you delete it from the original post then the file will be removed from the server.

If you're embedding an remote image url then if it is removed from the original location, all embedded links will no longer work.

Top Bottom