smilies: I want the same smilies as here on XF

erich37

How do I actually get the same set of smilies for my XF-Forum as being here on XenForo.com ?
How do I activate this and install this set of smilies or where can I download those?

Appreciate your kind help!

So I am using the fracture theme and am having trouble adding the smilies from the smiles folder...must be the path, but I just can't seem to get them to work. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ensure the path corresponds to the directory name, e.g. the text in red must be changed to suit your installation:

styles/style-directory/xenforo/smilies/1st.gif

I don't know how the style you are using is set up though, or whether all of the default smilies have been copied to it.
If not you can just use the default path, assuming you haven't deleted that directory from your server.

Thanks, Brogan. What I did was just use the complete path, URL and all, and that seemed to work. I'm sure there is an easier way. I actually tried what you suggested and even though the relaive path was correct, couldn't get them to show up. Absolute path worked.

paige

in the process of uploading smilies and trying to add replacement text for each one....what restrictions are there as to what constitutes valid replacement text? I've filled in the replacement field for each new smiley but there's still something that isn't compliant

Top Bottom