• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

smilies: I want the same smilies as here on XF

erich37

How do I actually get the same set of smilies for my XF-Forum as being here on XenForo.com ?
How do I activate this and install this set of smilies or where can I download those?

Appreciate your kind help!

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
You need to install them via the ACP.

They're all in the /styles/default/xenforo/smilies directory.

The original smilies are in the /styles/default/xenforo/smilies.doodle directory.

erich37

yeah, that I found.

But how to know or find the "Text to Replace" for each smiley? So that it will show the respective smiley when entering it as text?

erich37

without entering a text for "Text to Replace", it gives an error-message "Text to Replace: Please enter valid smilie text."
So I am unsure about the "valid smilie text" .... ?

I just went through the smiley-png.files on my server (XF 1.0.4 default install), there is for example a smiley named "Alien" at "styles/default/xenforo/smilies/alien.png"
This one is not listed on the XF-smiley-list posted by Kier? What would be the "valid text" for that one for example?

Thanks for help.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
This one is not listed on the XF-smiley-list posted by Kier? What would be the "valid text" for that one for example?
Whatever you want it to be.

It's entirely up to you how to define the smilies.

For example it could be Alien and :alien:

Kier

XenForo Developer
Staff member
Every smilie needs a replacement text, but it's entirely up to you what text to use. We don't use the alien smilie here on xenforo.com.

erich37

oh, I thought there is some standardized text-code for smilies. Thanks for your kind help!

BTW:
I guess you guys need a "Ninja-smiley" :p:D

Shelley?;)