Lack of interest Smilies - CSS Sprites and position move

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

DroidHost

you can look to : here

hi ,
if the Dimension = 18x18 then why not make the movement of the position move with a 18px step in one time ?
then it will be much easier :!

1px in a click is so so frustrating thing !

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I agree it would be quicker, less time consuming only if all smilies on the sprite sheet are of the same dimensions.

I spent about 30 minutes adding the smilies this morning using the sprite sheet (but that was me inserting all the text replacements, titles, path for 35 smilies) so I'm suspecting having movements in larger increments would save time, how much more time it would save I'm not sure.

You know that you can manually enter the position coordinates?

With a set of smilies all the same size, it's just a case of multiplying the coordinate each time.

*thinks out loud* Perhaps a post in the tips and tricks with the coordinates would be a good temporary solution. I was about to submit that today but wasn't sure whether it would be beneficial to anyone.

what about using the java script that used in the Croping the Avatar ?! to locate the Similes/Picture Coordinate ... and then the Full Pic will be displayed in one side so we can choice

Stepping in increments other than one pixel is wrong unless your smilies are all the same dimensions.

Why not show the whole sprite image below (or a large chunk of it) and overlay a box that is the same size as your dimensions. Allow dragging the sprite until your desired smilie is centered under the box. As you drag, automatically update the position inputs and the smilie display top right.

Stepping in increments other than one pixel is wrong unless your smilies are all the same dimensions.

Why not show the whole sprite image below (or a large chunk of it) and overlay a box that is the same size as your dimensions. Allow dragging the sprite until your desired smilie is centered under the box. As you drag, automatically update the position inputs and the smilie display top right.
Doesn't this also fall prey to the same problem though, not all smilies would have the same size and or aspect ratio.

Doesn't this also fall prey to the same problem though, not all smilies would have the same size and or aspect ratio.
No, because the size of the box is defined by the dimensions you enter (or conversely, you could drag to resize the box and have that update the dimensions inputs).

Top Bottom