Smilie Problem

CoreIssue

I bought the script and am loving it, except for smiles.We have a LOT of smilies.

I used the importer since there is none in admin. It did all fine except for the image will not show in Admin or the posts.

I manually entered a smile with it in the folder. Didn't show.

I made the folder 777. No help.

So, I created another folder in the root, tossed in a test smile and changed the path. It shows.

So what gives? What am I missing? Do I need to change a permission somewhere or what?

Some help here would be apprciated. :D This is driving me crazy. Having used 3 other scripts I am frustrated. :confused:

Thanks.

I'm not sure I understand the problem.

All you need to do is upload your smiley image files to the styles/<your-style>/xenforo/smilies directory.

Then create them in the ACP -> Home -> Smilies
The smiley image path will be something like styles/<your-style>/xenforo/smilies/smiley.gif

I'm not sure I understand the problem.

All you need to do is upload your smiley image files to the styles/<your-style>/xenforo/smilies directory.

Then create them in the ACP -> Home -> Smilies
The smiley image path will be something like styles/<your-style>/xenforo/smilies/smiley.gif
Yes, I know and did that. I copied the path from a stock one that does show to make sure I had it right, just changing the file name. The image does not show in the ACP or in the posting editor. That is the problem.

I also used the importer mod. The image does not show.

These are images with titles I have used on three past boards, phpBB. SMF and vB. Never had a problem with then not showing before.

Something is wrong here and I have tried every trick I know. Something isn't working right.

Can you post a URL or screenshot showing the problem?

Not the prettiest thing on the copy and paste but it shows what is happening.

Image is in the folder... idea.gif

Another Admin helping me did some hot link smilies. Sigh. Need to get rid of those when this is done. He didn't know better.

Edit Smilie: idea

Title: idea

Text to Replace: :idea:

You may enter multiple text values to replace by putting them on separate lines.

Image Replacement URL:
styles/default/xenforo/smilies/idea.gif

love0047.gif
hug :hug: Edit Delete

idea idea :idea: Edit Delete

Stock smiles show with no problem

Thanks!

OK. I had put up a hot linked one, it was blank, I posted here and then returned it the to hot link. My bad.

Added 2 manually today to be able to give a link to a blank and both added. Never happened before.

I am now more confused than every. Didn't work and now does.

Now I have those hot links to get rid of.

I will be back if I get more blanks along the way.

Thanks for the help even though I still do not know what is happening.

:confused:

Top Bottom