Smilie Count

Smilie Count 1.3

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Smilie Count - Limits the number of smilies allowed in a message.

Description:

The Smilie Count add-on will limit the number of smilies allowed in a message. By default the add-on will limit five smilies per message.

To change the maximum number of smilies allowed in a message, edit the following Phrase text:

Code:
Please reduce the number of smilies to (5) or less.

Changing the number between the parentheses will result in a new maximum allowed smilies per message.

Requirements:

This add-on only works on XenForo v1.2 and above....

Read more about this resource...

What does it mean that you have moved options from messages to smilie count group? Will this get the add-on working for me when I select a maximum of 3 smilies per post?

What does it mean that you have moved options from messages to smilie count group?

The options were located in the Messages area:

Admin CP -> Options -> Messages -> Maximum Smilies Per Message

I moved the options to its own group:

Admin CP -> Options -> Smilie Count -> Maximum Smilies Per Message

@AndyB

Mine here has some problems, the standard smilies seems to be counted as half of their amount.
i.e. I set max 2 smilies allowed by your add-on, it works well with customly installed smilies but it will still allow 4 standard XF smilies to be posted since each standard smiley seems to be counted as half (4/2=2)

Last edited:
@AndyB

Mine here has some problems, the standard smilies seems to be counted as half of their amount.
i.e. I set max 2 smilies allowed by your add-on, it works well with customly installed smilies but it will still allow 4 standard XF smilies to be posted since each standard smiley seems to be counted as half (4/2=2)

OK, problem's solved ! The problem's caused by the multiple codes used by some smilies :D

thx 4 your help @AndyB (y)

Top Bottom