Lack of interest Smiley permissions

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Why?
What purpose or benefit does that serve?

What if someone responds to a post with a single smiley which certain user groups can't view.
Would they just see an empty post?

Why?
What purpose or benefit does that serve?

What if someone responds to a post with a single smiley which certain user groups can't view.
Would they just see an empty post?
The reason as to why, because I have created a set of smileys that are explicit, just so that only a certain usergroup could see them.
To answer the other question, these smileys would only be used on forums the usergroups with the permissions can see.

So niche functionality for your own site then.

It still doesn't answer the question as to what a member who doesn't have permission would see in the post content.

So niche functionality for your own site then.

It still doesn't answer the question as to what a member who doesn't have permission would see in the post content.
They would see an empty spot, or possibly a notification stating to the user that there are smilies on that forum that he or she may not see without a subscription

Well, in my forum i have an adult subforum where only a certain usergroup and explicit content is allowed (others don't even can see it) and i would also like to know how i can install and set up some explicit smilies just for that subforum...

I would be interested in this as well. I see we can create different categories for smilies. I would like to be able to define what usergroups could use smilies from that category, but I would like everyone to see them. This creates a benefit of people being able to use and show off smilies if they are in a certain usergroup.

Let's say I add a smilies defined by the text "bigsmile" that only paid members could use. Everyone could see the smilie, but when someone not in the usergroup tried to use it, it just displayed the bigsmile text.

Top Bottom