Smiley Display

TeflonDon

My forum has an absurd amount of smileys so it makes the editor drop down menu gigantic. Is there anyway to limit the amount shown and provide a link to the full list? This is how it is in vb 3.8. I also have an addon that randomizes the smileys that are shown but I suspect that would be a resource question not a styling one.

Thanks

My forum has an absurd amount of smileys so it makes the editor drop down menu gigantic. Is there anyway to limit the amount shown and provide a link to the full list? This is how it is in vb 3.8. I also have an addon that randomizes the smileys that are shown but I suspect that would be a resource question not a styling one.

Before you install an add-on, have you checked out how the smilies are handled here now with XF 1.2 running? The current version is similar to The Happy Place add-on. For a lot of smilies the [dc] Smiley Manager add-on is popular. If you are planning on going to XF 1.2 in the short term though you may want to hold off using a smiley add-on until seeing what 1.2 brings and/or what add-ons will be compatible with it.

Before you install an add-on, have you checked out how the smilies are handled here now with XF 1.2 running? The current version is similar to The Happy Place add-on. For a lot of smilies the [dc] Smiley Manager add-on is popular. If you are planning on going to XF 1.2 in the short term though you may want to hold off using a smiley add-on until seeing what 1.2 brings and/or what add-ons will be compatible with it.

The new editor handles smileys much better than 1.1. I still have too many smileys for that setup to work. The size of my smileys is a lot bigger as well. I was just wondering if anyone had ever limited the amount that's displayed. That addon might work but like you said I'd have to double check the compatibility with the new version first.

The new editor handles smileys much better than 1.1. I still have too many smileys for that setup to work. The size of my smileys is a lot bigger as well. I was just wondering if anyone had ever limited the amount that's displayed. That addon might work but like you said I'd have to double check the compatibility with the new version first.

The DC add-on recommended to you by @Kevin allows you to categorize them which will go along way in consolidating the smilies and keep them tidy yet manageable and easier to select for your users.

Hi there, I was wondering if it is possible when I click on the smilies to display them horizontally instead of vertically, which will solve the problem with space when you have many smilies...Just like here, when I click it they appear horizontally on the bottom? Can I edit that somehow? I don't fancy much the smiley manager...

Top Bottom