1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duplicate Smiles drop-down when writing in landscape responsive design

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Moshe1010, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Moshe1010

Moshe1010 Well-Known Member

It's kind of annoying using smiles when writing in landscape (I think I'm the only person who uses landscape? I hate portrait mode).
    Every smile selection, there is a need to scroll up (quite a lot). Inserting multiple smiles in a single message is quite a pain.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

What is the suggestion?
  3. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I think they're suggesting the dropdown menu be brought back. I could be mistaken.
  4. Moshe1010

To make a drop-down menu of smiles instead of going down every time and selecting a smile.
  5. Moshe1010

Yes, you're right, but only in landscape/responsive design.
  6. Brogan

7. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

It's hard to say.. with all the expanding and contracting and typos and corrections....... since he hasn't suggested anything, i'm going to suggest not allowing landscape posting :giggle:
  8. Moshe1010

9. Brogan

Having the editor switch from having the smilies above the text entry to below the text entry depending on the screen width is just going to confuse people.

What happens if you are composing your post in landscape mode with the smiley window open below the editor and then rotate your phone to landscape?

It's not really a viable suggestion.
    Martok, Andrej, Jeremy and 1 other person like this.