XF 2.2 How/Can I add new fonts for members to select from the font drop down when writing in our forums?

Chernabog

I've looked around and haven't seen any threads that seem to fit this question. I've had users request that I add some new fonts to our forums for them to use when writing messages. How would I go about installing additional fonts for our users?

Thanks!

Alas...

1701805975558.webp

I almost considered it until I saw it was unmaintained, plus it has an odd license where, if we take any type of advertising, we have to pay for a license. (Why not just make it a paid add-on--I'd gladly pay for this one if it were maintained.)

I was hoping it would be as simple as putting some new fonts in a directory somewhere and adding them into a list LOL I guess that is NOT the case.... I'm surprised. Maybe an XF mod/dev will drop in and shed some light.

I was hoping it would be as simple as putting some new fonts in a directory somewhere and adding them into a list LOL I guess that is NOT the case.... I'm surprised. Maybe an XF mod/dev will drop in and shed some light.
You can modify the javascript files and add the fonts if you really want but this won't survive through upgrades.

Also I believe a new editor is on the horizon - won't be on froala forever.

See:

It's never been that easy. I had a resource for XF 1.X line that outlined how to do use Google fonts with core XF and with the editor in use with it. It required uploading the fonts you wanted to use, then editing some config files for the nginx web server, then editing a template or two then editing a core XF JS file (which had to be done on every upgrade).
It was never "plug & play". Several styles have it set up where you can use Google fonts with their styles (hosted with Google or self-hosted) but those don't carry over to the editor.

Top Bottom