As designed smile category tabs not working

Mr Lucky

Affected version
In 2.1 the small category tabs seemed to not work, so categories just show vertically instead of horizontal tabs, hence masking the actual text editor making it difficult for people on mobiles to see where the smilie is going to be placed.

Well, the smilie is always going to be placed where the cursor is.

The benefit of the new approach is that it is easier to see the smilies that are available plus there are additional features including being able to filter them.

This is not a bug.

This is not a bug.

Really?

I just created various categories on my forum, because users were compiling that they could not see the post when the dropdown covered it. I'm aware the smilie will go at the last place you had the cursor, but it is a big problem for some people, e.g.:

so if you exceed a certain amount of text, that comes quickly as soon as the keyboard pops up, you must scroll to see the icons and then you loose sight of the current insertion point where you want to add something. The typical or the worse one is emoticon. Once you hit that icon, you have most of your screen occupied by keyboard down and the emoticons up. When you pick one, you can't see if it has been inserted or not. So if you called or hit the wrong one, you must go back up and repeat the action.

An example below:

screenshot_20180322-124904-png.10533

So I solved this user's problem by creating categories, but now the issue will be coming back.

It seems to be an attachment on your forum so our image proxy doesn't have permission to view it.

It will be something your users have to get used to. It's really a non-issue. You want a smilie, you click it, it's in the post. There's no question about if or where it has been inserted.

There's not even question about what has been inserted.

:)

There's feedback which tells you when it has been inserted and what has been inserted.

It's really a non-issue.

View attachment Screen Recording 2018-11-28 at 17.35.30.mov

It's really a non-issue.

Easy for you to stay :) it obviously;y isn't for people who find it an issue (not that I do, I just think it seems to be so on certain devices and for people who work in a certain way)

Hopefully I can find a way to get the tabs back.

However, there must be reason why you went to the bother of having tabs in the first place

Top Bottom