SMF to xenforo

I have not seen a bridge. You currently have to convert through another software, there is no direct conversion from SMF.

Thanks. Until I get a solution to this dilemma, I can't convert anyway, but I'd like to. Xenforo is #1 on my wish list, but the darn editor has to be acceptable to creative types, and currently it's not. If anything, the "new editor" seems more geekified than before, and that's bad. I don't understand it.

I tried a test site using Xenforo among the PoetryCircle editors, and their first comment was about the editor. Of course the editor is most important to writers! They want their works to be presented the way they type them! I didn't even think about this when I presented the test site to them. But in typical fashion, the users tell you what's important.

Xenforo changed the editor, but it's not better. It's just different. Mostly it's worse because it seems geekier.

Grrrrr.

The switch from TinyMCE to Redactor fixed quite a lot of issues that were occurring. This editor is much easier to style, and Shelley has released a sprite that changes a few, but personally I feel the current icons explain functionality quite well.

You can always post a request for a conversion of spaces to non-breaking spaces in the appropriate forums.

Top Bottom