SMF to XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.

qureshi007

Dear sir I have a website where I am using SMF forum but now I want to change smf and use xenforo for forum but I have a problem that I have my previous posts on smf whom I do to want to waste you can see my old data and posts at my site http://www.achisite.com/ so is there any method available for migration of smf forum to xenforo and is there any discount coupon available ?

I've tried doing this conversion 3 times now (SMF -> PHPBB3) and every time none of the attachments are moved. The posts seem to move over fine, but without the attachments it's basically worthless to me (its an image board). I've tried asking on the PHPBB3 site and it's a ghost town. Can someone tell my how I get the attachments to move over in the conversion? Ultimately I am trying to move my forum to XF.

Edit: I read the post about using the full path for attachments and avatars, but I don't see an option to specify those paths during the conversion. The only path it asks for is the path to my SMF forum. Second question: I actually have two attachment directories is that going to be a problem?

Thank you,

Last edited:
Pardon my ignorance, but this is the only place where I've found people actually taking about how to do this. I purchased XF for the sole purpose of converting my SMF form to it and without this ability its basically worthless to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom