1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SMF Importer

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by onthefly, Oct 6, 2010.

1. onthefly

onthefly Active Member

Is there or will there be a SMF import anytime soon, :)
    MYstIC G likes this.
  2. Jarod

Jarod Active Member

smf ---> Vbulletin --> xenforo
    onthefly likes this.
  3. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

I don''t think there is such an importer at this time but maybe it will be created soon. In meanwhile you can try to convert to vb 3x and then to xenforo.
    onthefly likes this.
  4. onthefly

onthefly Active Member

Thanks for that, worked like a charm, good to see some on the ball! :)
    borbole likes this.
  5. Dismal Shadow

Dismal Shadow Active Member

It's a pain to do that, still need a vB license and their importer for that...
  6. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that it went well for you :)
  7. JBlaze

JBlaze Member

Why would someone purchase a vB license just to use it to convert to another software? Waste of money if you ask me. But then again, I'd grab a nulled version of vB any day and not think twice about it. IB are a bunch of greedy assclowns.
    runic likes this.
  8. Arantor

Arantor Active Member

If you already had a vB 3.x licence, it might be viable ;) Or you could reverse engineer the vB-to-SMF converter, I guess.

Haven't had time to poke too much at the XF database locally, had trouble with installing on localhost (because I don't have it set up as FastCGI for various reasons)
  9. runic

runic Member

pete I think you should make a proper converter, add some salt in the smf wound that the team have caused.
    principia likes this.
  10. A proper converter would be great.
    principia likes this.
  11. tmb

tmb Active Member

I'm paying a guy a good bit of money to build one this next week.
  12. I'll be guessing that you won't be releasing it publically? Would be great if you did though.
  13. tmb

tmb Active Member

Probably will but haven't really thought of it.
  14. Well it'd be a massive help to the global communities if you did. But obviously, it is your money spent.
  15. tmb

tmb Active Member

90% sure I'll release it for free and people can donate back if they wish. I share everyone's frustration with SMF so I get why so many are interested in jumping ship.

All the other custom work (CMS, multi-site) will probably be a pay add on if we release them at all.
  16. principia

principia Well-Known Member

any news on this?
    i need this importer.
  17. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member