XF 2.2 SMF 2.0.17 Personal Messages import

rbrad

This message explains that the SMF 2.0 import script processes received SMF Personal Messages (PMs) only - i.e. those found in a User's Inbox. Edits are provided to modify the script for sent PMs, plus PMs to/from deleted Users.

Unfortunately the edits are listed against XF Version 1.5.13 and do not fully match the SMF.php file used in XF 2.2.2.

Is there an updated version for the edits, or can one be provided please? I'm not fussed about PMs relating to deleted users but would like to capture Sent PMs. Sadly my PHP skills are non-existent.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I have - twice - for testing the import process on a 28k thread/420k post forum. It's an impressive tool, albeit some user/forum permissions needed straightening out.

Let me try another import just to verify the original XF2 SMF.php script. There's a risk that I may have confused myself on PM testing.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I have - twice - for testing the import process on a 28k thread/420k post forum. It's an impressive tool, albeit some user/forum permissions needed straightening out.

Let me try another import just to verify the original XF2 SMF.php script. There's a risk that I may have confused myself on PM testing.
OK - so no confusion! I can confirm that no Sent PMs are imported, nor any PMs (Sent or Received) associated with deleted members.

As a further observation, when an SMF user has changed their display name (as opposed to the Username used at time of registration), then the script also fails to associate any PMs with the new display name. The import was performed without ticking the 'merge users with same username' box: I'm unsure if this is material.

I can confirm this too. I don't use the send box a lot on SMF, but the ones which were in there, did not come over on the test import.
This was also using the XF 2.2 importer.

The import was performed without ticking the 'merge users with same username' box: I'm unsure if this is material.
Confirmed this too. I was told by Mike that on same usernames I would be asked what to do with the user automatically. That does -not- happen. Even if they did not change their name (I never gave them those permissions).

Also, subforums are not placed as subforums in the correct place, but are converted to main forums. Already but in a bug report for that one.

Top Bottom