Smartphone // Mobilephone?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 745
  • Start date Start date
Then don't go with O2 - that sounds like a 2G connection only. 3G/HSDPA is necessary for using the internet at anything more than dialup speeds when you're not on wifi.

See if Orange fares any better: http://search.orange.co.uk/ouk/portal/coveragechecker.html?channel=direct/

For orange I get very good for voice and text plus email and browsing but browsing and hd voice and hd-speed browsering areat moderate.

The o2 when it says theres no "mobile internet" could I use my own BT internet connection (broadband) to connect to the internet with my phone or does it have to be o2's own connection?

For orange I get very good for voice and text plus email and browsing but browsing and hd voice and hd-speed browsering areat moderate.

The o2 when it says theres no "mobile internet" could I use my own BT internet connection (broadband) to connect to the internet with my phone or does it have to be o2's own connection?

At least there's a signal - moderate should be fine.

And that's true you can use your home wifi, but it's no use anywhere else.

At least there's a signal - moderate should be fine.

And that's true you can use your home wifi, but it's no use anywhere else.

So my wifi connection would only work outside maybe a few meters or would it go a few miles?

Been on the orange site and they have no Samsung Galaxy S 2, tipical they have good connection but no phone and o2 have no connection and phone. :)

So my wifi connection would only work outside maybe a few meters or would it go a few miles?

Been on the orange site and they have no Samsung Galaxy S 2, tipical they have good connection but no phone and o2 have no connection and phone. :)

A few meters.

Grab it off mobiles.co.uk - very reliable site, and you get an unbranded and unlocked phone (at least I did with my Galaxy S original) along with the orange sim and contract. :)

A few meters.

Grab it off mobiles.co.uk - very reliable site, and you get an unbranded and unlocked phone (at least I did with my Galaxy S original) along with the orange sim and contract. :)

The second one where it says £35.00 per month whats the upgrade mean? cant new customers get it - if I don't have a mobile phone.

£25 per month and £44.99 for the phone, ok but I don't fancy paying £44.99 for the phone or does it work out cheaper than the other packages.

£25 per month and £44.99 for the phone, ok but I don't fancy paying £44.99 for the phone or does it work out cheaper than the other packages.

The cheapest package where the handset itself is free is Dolphin 35 (24 months), however it's £50 more including the 4 free months you get through redemption on Dolphin 35 (have to remember to send your bills to mobiles.co.uk at the right times and hope you get lucky, don't count on actually getting the cashback). If you take the dodgy free months out of the equation (although to be fair, I've had no trouble getting cashback, but many people have), Dolphin 35 comes out as nearly £200 more expensive overall.

Dolphin 25 is by far the best deal - the handset cost is a small price to pay for the amount you will save in the long run. Plus no hassle with cashback redemptions etc.

The cheapest package where the handset itself is free is Dolphin 35 (24 months), however it's £50 more including the 4 free months you get through redemption on Dolphin 35 (have to remember to send your bills to mobiles.co.uk at the right times and hope you get lucky, don't count on actually getting the cashback). If you take the dodgy free months out of the equation (although to be fair, I've had no trouble getting cashback, but many people have), Dolphin 35 comes out as nearly £200 more expensive overall.

Dolphin 25 is by far the best deal - the handset cost is a small price to pay for the amount you will save in the long run. Plus no hassle with cashback redemptions etc.

OK i'll order that one at £25 per month thanks a lot for your help. When it comes and if I like it i'll give you a donation for being so helpful. (y)

Is everything included with it like a case and memory card or do you have to buy them seperate as I get these on checkout.

Customers also bought:

SanDisk microSDHC 4GB memory card
InvisibleSHIELD Universal Screen Protector
Portable Bluetooth Visor Lite Go Car Kit
Universal Micro USB In-Car Charger

Is everything included with it like a case and memory card or do you have to buy them seperate as I get these on checkout.

Customers also bought:

SanDisk microSDHC 4GB memory card
InvisibleSHIELD Universal Screen Protector
Portable Bluetooth Visor Lite Go Car Kit
Universal Micro USB In-Car Charger

It has a vast amount of internal storage (16GB iirc) so you don't really need a memory card. The screen and handset itself are built like a tank compared to iPhones, so a case/screen protector isn't really necessary. I've yet to get even a small scratch on my Galaxy S screen and I keep it in the same pocket as keys, coins, etc. If you want to be on the safe side and buy the stuff anyway, don't buy it from mobiles.co.uk - you can find it much cheaper on Amazon, eBay, etc.

It has a vast amount of internal storage (16GB iirc) so you don't really need a memory card. The screen and handset itself are built like a tank compared to iPhones, so a case/screen protector isn't really necessary. I've yet to get even a small scratch on my Galaxy S screen and I keep it in the same pocket as keys, coins, etc. If you want to be on the safe side and buy the stuff anyway, don't buy it from mobiles.co.uk - you can find it much cheaper on Amazon, eBay, etc.

OK I'll just order the phone, thanks again.

They want to know a lot where I live where I use to live how long I lived there am I employed....gzzzzz

Does it matter if i'm working or not and if I don't have a credit record as I've not got a credit record as I have never purchased anything like a phone or anything to get a record.

Hoping I dont buy the phone for £44.99 of mobiles.co.uk then orange dont accept my £25.00 per month package.

They want to know a lot where I live where I use to live how long I lived there am I employed....gzzzzz

Does it matter if i'm working or not and if I don't have a credit record as I've not got a credit record as I have never purchased anything like a phone or anything to get a record.

Hoping I dont buy the phone for £44.99 of mobiles.co.uk then orange dont accept my £25.00 per month package.

Just see what happens, if you fail the check you won't be charged

Though I wouldn't exactly complain if they charged £44.99 and shipped you the phone without the contract :P

Top Bottom