XF 2.1 Slow loading of threads after update from 2.0 to 2.1.x

Hi there, recently I upgraded from 2.0 to 2.1.x, and have found that occasionally, threads will take 10-12 seconds to load after clicking on them. I was going to move server hosts anyway, so already did so to rule out my previous host as being the cause of the issue. File health checks show up with no issues, and rebuilding master data has not made a difference.

I'm not quite sure where to begin troubleshooting this. The previous host was a VPS with plenty of site resources, none of which were strained whatsoever before or during the slow loading issue. The site was running wonderfully on 2.0. Your help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Actually as it turns out, the issue is still present, so I don't think it was the add-on.

If anyone has any insight as to how I'd even begin to troubleshoot this (I haven't disabled every add-on on my site, only the ones which were enabled before I upgraded), I would greatly appreciate it!

Start with this to see if there are too many database queries.

I think that add on could not cause a 12 secs load time. Maybe it is highlighting some deeper issue but not cause it. I use similar threads and my forum seems to be very fast.

[EDIT] My mistake, I thought the link was to Andy B Similar Thread addon - I don't know the other one .

Last edited:
Top Bottom