XF 2.2 Slow Add-on Build With Minify JS

mjda

So I've added some JS to one of my site's add-ons. Not something I've done before.

Anyways, now when I build the release there is a very noticeable delay (a full minute last time I ran it) before the process completes. If I remove the minify part from my build.json it's back to almost instantly finished. Is this normal or is there something I can tweak somewhere to make this process faster?

I should mention that I'm only adding a single JS file, which is only 98 lines and 2.14KB of code.

The add-on builder currently uses Closure Compiler API to minify JS. If you have Java installed, you might try downloading the binary and setting $config['development']['closureCompilerPath'] to run it locally, though Closure Compiler tends to be fairly slow in general.

The add-on builder currently uses Closure Compiler API to minify JS. If you have Java installed, you might try downloading the binary and setting $config['development']['closureCompilerPath'] to run it locally, though Closure Compiler tends to be fairly slow in general.

Thanks for the reply. It's not so bad having to wait. I was more worried there was something wrong on my end. Now that I know that's not likely the case, I'll just tough it out. Again, thank you.

Top Bottom