Skin designers?

Josh111

I need the XF colors changed, and the tabs and stuff at the top removed. I need the forum pages embedded within my own website frame.

Please refer me to the portfolios of best skin designers available. I will have to investigate this in detail before I commit to anything. When I started with IPB, I assumed it would have skin designers available, and was unable to find anyone after a year of trying. They're out there, making their own skins, but they don't want to make anything for you, even when paid quite well. No one in their community follows through with anything. Others I have talked to have experienced the same thing when trying to find someone.

So it's not safe for me to simply assume I will find someone to make XF fit within my site.

One thing to note is how simple it is to change the color palette of the forum: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/style-properties-ii-a-closer-look.3690/ It just takes a few clicks to completely change the colors. :)

Embedding the forum within another page isn't currently available, but I would suggest liking the first post of this thread if you'd like to see it implemented.

There are a lot of nice skins on the forums--you can see them all here. In addition, if you were to decide to make your own theme, it's very easy to ask questions on this forum and get answers quickly and easily (I've done it myself to get feedback/help on my own custom theme).

Hope that helps! :)

it's actually quite simple.... http://www.rockcrawler.com and http://www.rockcrawler.com/forum/ - there are some differences, but mostly because I have not dug thru xF completely...am waiting until it's out of beta first.

The forum skin is was downloaded from XFStyles.net, who posts here as well. Like many designers, they are presently working to get their hands around the capabilities, but not fully embracing all the possibilities until it's out of beta.

How much more integrated than that would you need?

I want the navigation links on the top of the forum removed so I can put them in my own page header and have them appear on all my site pages. Your forum page has two sets of navigation links. You have two "Home" links on that page.

Actually, with the breadcrumbs bar, you have three "Home" links.
rolleyes.png

With the team still doing some tweaking with the style variables and xF being out only 3 months, I think the skin designers are still getting an understanding of xF and how to work their magic. :)

Go to www.themesinc.com and check out what they are working on and you will see that after xenforo is released as a stable version and the designers get a handle on the ins and outs of it, you will see some amazing skins fairly quickly.

It's just a little too soon in my opinion... it's still a work in process. :)

Jamie

It would be easy enough to 'clear' the nav template and re-integrate those into a custom nav table...as noted by Jamie and me, this is Beta software and designers are "not fully embracing all the possibilities until it's out of beta"

If you notice, the mapping of my site links is not yet done in the forum either...again, waiting until it's out of Beta.

Are we talking 3 months? 2 years? It seems pretty much done, as far as I can tell.
Should be sooner rather than later: :)
We have decided to add a little more functionality that we consider is missing, but until we made that decision, we were aiming for the next version to be a Release Candidate. Therefore I would not expect a very long wait before we declare a stable version.

Some of us designers are taking on new work for XenForo but many aren't just yet as the other's here have stated for the reason's they stated. I don't think you will have any problem finding anyone however. The best of the best from the vB and IPB world are here doing XF work now ;)

Top Bottom