Skills required for Xenforo Custom Development

Karan Batra

I intent to customise Xenforo to my needs and am planning to hire a developer to do the same.

However, I'm confused regarding the skills required for doing Xenforo Custom Development.

I would be highly obliged is someone could guide me with the skill set which a person should have to do Xenforo Custom Development.

This will help in recruiting the right person for the role.

Personally, I would just take your pick of developers who already develop for XenForo (especially if they have released work similar to what you're after).

You will no doubt found countless reviews of people who have used their products or services in the past.

Thanks Chris and Digital Doctor for your response

Xenforo is not much popular in New Delhi and there are very few xenforo developers available.

So I think I'll have to search for somebody with basic skills and then train them on xenforo.

So what are these basic skills which i should be looking at when hiring a person?

PS: It would be great if somebody could connect me to any xenforo developer based in Delhi

Does it need to be a developer located in your region? There are plenty of well-known and reputable developers who may be able to do everything you require but based in a different country.

You may struggle to find that on the forum and may need to find a developer locally who can learn how to develop the software. You might wish to ask for quotes here though as you might not need a full time developer for your needs.

I understand that this is not the right place to be finding a developer

But this may just be the right place for finding the skills required in a xenforo developer

I understand that this is not the right place to be finding a developer
When I suggested to you in the ticket to post here, it was for exactly this reason.

As I said in my original response:
Depending on the work required, the requisite knowledge would include PHP, MVC, MySQL, CSS, and HTML.

Knowledge of XenForo would also be beneficial.

Top Bottom