XF 1.5 Sitewide PM's/Inbox's

Chris Radford

Hi there,

Currently running a forum.

I'd like the ability to be able to contact my entire forum userbase in 'One mass PM' without having to individually add all 1,900 usernames into the message and then add them to a group.

We purchased this add-on > https://xenforo.com/community/resources/conversation-essentials.275/

But that only does as I mentioned above. There's no simple way to open a pm....enter a title...then have an option to send to 'entire userbase' or even perhaps sections of the userbase like 'mod team'...or 'upgraded members'.

Is there something like this out there already and if not...is this a simple add-on that someone can code for a price?

Thanks

Use the Message Users option in the ACP. Sending the message to the Registered user group will send the conversation to everyone, assuming you have set up your user groups correctly and everyone has the Registered user group as their primary one.

Use the Message Users option in the ACP. Sending the message to the Registered user group will send the conversation to everyone, assuming you have set up your user groups correctly and everyone has the Registered user group as their primary one.

Is this not like doing it directly from the hosting/server side of things? Because we have a limit on that. If it's limitless and it goes directly to the Inbox of a user on the Forum (not their personal Email address) then that seems like a good plan?

Thanks.

If you just want to send them a short notice, you may also just send an alert instead of a conversation or an email to all our users.

To find it, just enter "Message Users" into the search feature in your ACP.

I'd rather be able to PM then notify or Email at the moment.

Just tried searching 'message users' and there was no options available.

We are running Xenforo 1.4.5 also - not flat out 1.5.

I'd rather be able to PM then notify or Email at the moment.

Just tried searching 'message users' and there was no options available.

We are running Xenforo 1.4.5 also - not flat out 1.5.
You have prefixed this thread with 1.5 so I naturally assumed you had XenForo 1.5. It should have been prefixed with 1.4.

The feature described was added in XenForo 1.5 so if you want to use it, you will need to upgrade.

You have prefixed this thread with 1.5 so I naturally assumed you had XenForo 1.5. It should have been prefixed with 1.4.

The feature described was added in XenForo 1.5 so if you want to use it, you will need to upgrade.

Okay, no problems - Thanks.

I've seen this add-on before so I'm presuming it's been added and taken away again at other points?

Okay, no problems - Thanks.

I've seen this add-on before so I'm presuming it's been added and taken away again at other points?
I've no idea about the Conversation Essentials add-on, you'll need to post in the discussion thread for that add-on.

As for core XenForo, the message users feature is brand new to 1.5. Worth upgrading for this and the other extra features (see the Have You Seen section for details).

I use conversation essentials and it's never been used for that capacity. It's more for features for end users.
Although you can create teams/groups. I have one specifically for mods, and another for admins..

The mass message tool in the ACP is what we use... as @Martok rightly suggested; you're better off upgrading to XF 1.5
Conversation essentials is an epic mod though for your users.. Just thought I'd mention that :D

Top Bottom