1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Site's loading slower - is it my server or any add-on?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by TheBigK, Sep 26, 2013.

1. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

I just checked my GWT report and since September 18, the 'average time spent in downloading' the page as reported in GWT has gone up from ~170 - 1300+. I quickly checked and found that between September 10 - 18, I had enabled two add-ons on the site:-

1. Taiga Chat PRO { http://xenforo.com/community/resources/taigachat-pro-realtime-chat-shoutbox.1224/ }

2. NProgress { http://xenforo.com/community/resources/nprogress.2325/ }

I'm not sure if those add-ons are in any way responsible for slower loading times; but I've disabled them in case they are. I've also raised a ticket with my webmasters to check if there's anything wrong with the server.

What's more annoying is that the '@' username tagging is VERY slow now. Earlier, the suggestions would load almost instantaneously; but now it takes about a second or two to show suggestions.

Want to know if there's any way to find out what's the problem?

2. Jeremy

Jeremy Well-Known Member

You'll have to determine why your server has slowed down. It could be a higher number of requests being received, causing it to queue requests until it can respond.

TheBigK likes this.
  3. TheBigK

Thanks @Jeremy . The lag in @ username suggestions is very noticeable. Want to know if add-ons can cause this?

4. Jeremy

Jeremy Well-Known Member

Add-ons can, increased traffic can, a long process on your server can. It's really dependent on your unique situation.

TheBigK likes this.
  5. TheBigK

Thanks. Will check and post the solution here if anyone else's facing similar situation.