• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.4 Sitemap Issues - Solved

Malcolm M

I've been trying to get my sitemap.xml setup for about a week now and for some reason I am not able to generate one.

I've followed both these
XF 1.4 - "no sitemap" error (XenForo 1.4)
And,

And still nothing is working.

I've tried rebuilding caches and run the cron entries and I still hit the same problem

I just came up with an idea that I'm going to try. And, see if it works.
After trying my idea, I have successfully got it working.
I went back into my Xenforo zip (The one you download from xenforo.com/customers and I took and added the sitemap.php. Because the file didn't exist on my server, after successfully uploading the sitemap.php I navigated my way to Rebuild caches and rebuilt the sitemap one (Just as a precaution). I also did the same with cron entries. I then when back to the XML sitemap generator and saved changes. And, it worked!

Last edited:

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
You may want to run the "file health check" in the control panel to see if there are any other files missing (or with unexpected contents).

Malcolm M

You may want to run the "file health check" in the control panel to see if there are any other files missing (or with unexpected contents).
Yeah, that's exactly what I did and that's how I came up with the idea of moving the file from the .zip to my server.