XF 2.2 Sitemap error to bing

MichaelR

So i'm trying for a few days now to get my sitemap on to bings webmasters tools imported. Whatever i try i always get a error.

The request has timed out
The request to fetch the page was timed out. Please check the sitemap/feed and resubmit.

I tried it with sitemap.xml and sitemap.php and both give the same result. I'm not sure which of the 2 i should use to automatically have a split at 50k urls.
Any ideas how i can fix this?

Solution
At this point we'd just have to assume this is an issue on Bing's side. There's nothing we can change which can impact how their website responds to trying to read your sitemap.

I just tried my own site and it seems to accept the sitemap.xml URL ok.

1600245419737.webp

sitemap.xml and sitemap.php produce exactly the same content, and in both cases the content is split into separate files as needed. In all cases only the sitemap.xml URL needs to be provided and any other batches of URLs will be found automatically.

The .xml version is preferred by some search engines so we'd recommend using that.
At this point we'd just have to assume this is an issue on Bing's side. There's nothing we can change which can impact how their website responds to trying to read your sitemap.

I just tried my own site and it seems to accept the sitemap.xml URL ok.

1600245419737.webp

sitemap.xml and sitemap.php produce exactly the same content, and in both cases the content is split into separate files as needed. In all cases only the sitemap.xml URL needs to be provided and any other batches of URLs will be found automatically.

The .xml version is preferred by some search engines so we'd recommend using that.

Solution
Top Bottom