[Site Suggestion] Bug tracker

There is an open source package available somewhere. What was it called? Oh... Project Tools. ;)

LOL :D

It's so nice to be viewing this forum and the positive posts as well as having a good laugh, compared to the doom and gloom at a certain other place, just across the pond.

xenForo, I think JIRA is a good choice. Only $10 for 10 users. That's 7 more developers to go :D

Maybe Redmine is better?

Mike wrote Project Tools
IB made it open source
Mike wrote xenForo

Though, of course .. it's just easier to adapt to something that fits this product, or use an existing solution.
JIRA can get quite costly.

Mike wrote Project Tools
IB made it open source
Mike wrote xenForo

Though, of course .. it's just easier to adapt to something that fits this product, or use an existing solution.

I would happy if there was a custom product for XenForo and that it would be released at a later time for customers, much like Project Tools was.

Mike wrote Project Tools
IB made it open source
Mike wrote xenForo

i personally hate Jira ... i think that tracker was designed only for huge projects ...

Mike wrote Project Tools
IB made it open source
Mike wrote xenForo

Granted. I forgot Mike wrote PT. PT was good, and although it had its shortcomings, it did its job well, in my situation. Ok, how about, Redmine/Traq - or as you suggested, an implementation of PT that is allowed under the vBulletin Open Source License?

xenForo, I think JIRA is a good choice. Only $10 for 10 users. That's 7 more developers to go :D

Maybe Redmine is better?

I believe it's 10 users, total. Which would mean that the customers couldn't use the tracker to report bugs. I've also heard that JIRA is so hungry that it practically requires it's own dedicated server. Personally, I would vote for Trac (used by WordPress) or Redmine. :)

I believe it's 10 users, total. Which would mean that the customers couldn't use the tracker to report bugs. I've also heard that JIRA is so hungry that it practically requires it's own dedicated server. Personally, I would vote for Trac (used by WordPress) or Redmine. :)
I have found JIRA to be a time-sucking hinderance, not a help on the occasions I've been forced to use it. That may be simply the way it had been set up, but it has made it very unlikely that I would ever consider using it on a project of my own.

I quite like traq, but like Kier, JIRA can be a complete PITA. It eats memory like I produce ATP.

Granted. I forgot Mike wrote PT. PT was good, and although it had its shortcomings, it did its job well, in my situation. Ok, how about, Redmine/Traq - or as you suggested, an implementation of PT that is allowed under the vBulletin Open Source License?

If you get PT to work for XenForo without rewriting the entire thing, I'll be impressed. :D But, I personally hate, and I mean hate bug tracking in Traq, and JIRA for that matter. Redmine (if I remember correctly), wasn't bad.

I'd say bugzilla :p but if one of the devs wrote the Project Tools, it would only be natural/logical to use a custom tracker build by the same devs that create the board, right?

Top Bottom