Site Sensor - XenForo

Pingdom seems quite nice, but it was a bit steep price, no? I mean, 14$ a month for yearly service and 15$ if you go for monthly payment.

Is there anything less pricy out there?

It is as with most things: If you want quality, you have to pay a little bit more...

We are very happy with Pingdom since several years now.

Why would you need any of this? Out of curiosity?

You're better of to put your money into your hosting, ServInt.net, for example, then this negates such need for additional tools / monitoring, just to tell you what your site is doing.

Why would you need any of this? Out of curiosity?

You're better of to put your money into your hosting, ServInt.net, for example, then this negates such need for additional tools / monitoring, just to tell you what your site is doing.

Sorry for late reply.

I have a very stable host, had 1 hour downtime the last year due to some external DNS factors. But I got pinged a ton on Twitter that the site was down, and its kind of awkward that users notices that before I do.

Hence I would just like to know first if the site goes down, for whatever reason really.

Sorry for late reply.

I have a very stable host, had 1 hour downtime the last year due to some external DNS factors. But I got pinged a ton on Twitter that the site was down, and its kind of awkward that users notices that before I do.

Hence I would just like to know first if the site goes down, for whatever reason really.

There are several free monitoring services out there. Just Google and pick one up. We have been satisfied with http://www.montastic.com before we switched to Pingdom.

Top Bottom