Other Site optimization

You could leverage some caching in cloudflare and after the first few days you should be good to go. But if you want super improved performance another option is the litespeed cpanel add-on which is supposed to make it a lot faster. There's also a litespeed xenforo add-on for xenforo 2 for people who already have the cpanel add-on. But that's not required to increase your sites performance. It's mainly made for bigger sites but I just wanted to throw that in there.

Do you use cloudflare? You should setup cloudflare and give it some caching and it would speed things up after the first few days.

Also I don't know much about this but a lot of people are setting up redis clusters to improve caching. Maybe you could talk to @Xon about that. He has an add-on called Redis Cache but I've never used it and can't necessarily vouch for it as I don't know much about it but just another option you have.

You could leverage some caching in cloudflare and after the first few days you should be good to go. But if you want super improved performance another option is the litespeed cpanel add-on which is supposed to make it a lot faster. There's also a litespeed xenforo add-on for xenforo 2 for people who already have the cpanel add-on. But that's not required to increase your sites performance. It's mainly made for bigger sites but I just wanted to throw that in there.

Do you use cloudflare? You should setup cloudflare and give it some caching and it would speed things up after the first few days.
Hey Brad, I’ve never used CloudFlare it’s worth a read, but I’m hoping someone could take a look backend and do some tweaking for some dollars

Hey Brad,

Here are two things you need to do at the backend.
1. Upgrade from PHP 5.6 to PHP 7.2.
2. Upgrade to HTTP/2 to serve your content from your server.

These two changes will provide you with a decent boost in the load time. After you pick these two low hanging fruits, you could start working on the low hanging fruit, you could work on adding CDN for your images and other assets to reduce the latency.

BTW great website and who do you think is going to win the Canadian GP?

I agree he should be on php 7 if he's not already. That's a definite. Cloudflare is a free CDN and I had assumed he was already using it but surprised your not other Brad. Cloudflare is the best free CDN I know of and includes free DDoS protection too. The load time does increase when using them. You can use the multi php manager in cpanel to upgrade to php 7 and cloudflare is easy to setup. If you have any questions I'll help for free just send me a inbox message

Hey Brad,

Here are two things you need to do at the backend.
1. Upgrade from PHP 5.6 to PHP 7.2.
2. Upgrade to HTTP/2 to serve your content from your server.

These two changes will provide you with a decent boost in the load time. After you pick these two low hanging fruits, you could start working on the low hanging fruit, you could work on adding CDN for your images and other assets to reduce the latency.

BTW great website and who do you think is going to win the Canadian GP?
Thank you for the kind words and the information to move forward with slow loading. I’ll look into that.

I’m an avid Ferrari fan and I hope Vettel wins :) what about you ? Or you could sign up and tell me your thoughts ;)

Agreed with above suggestions. I'm also seeing a 5MB payload which is sort of on the high end. No amount of caching is going to help your first load for your first visitor with that amount of data. I prefer to keep my homepage under 2MB (ideally under 1MB but hard to achieve). That involves optimizing, downsizing or downright replacing some of the heavy front page assets (think pics mostly). Reducing that payload size will have the most considerable effect on first load.

@Brad P

Now try lossless compression on the jpegs in the slider. I did that and got more than 10% compression.

Top Bottom