1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Site is sluggish/ buggy

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by tommydamic68, Aug 5, 2014.

1. tommydamic68

tommydamic68 Well-Known Member

My site recently has been buggy, running sluggish, any help would be appreciated. Missing images or half downloaded images, page loads slow, missing images in the editor and have to reload page to refresh the images in editor. Also, when viewing the error console I see this, any thoughts? Also my server has been using high CPU usage (Stablehost - shared hosting)

Screen Shot 2014-08-05 at 5.28.09 AM.png

2. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Have you recently changed your site over to SSL? If so, you need to make sure that your ads call the HTTPS protocol (or just use the // in front of the call to it).

3. tommydamic68

I think it may be my host. Looking into a few things. Miraculously as soon as I put up a fuss it got better... Or maybe just pure chance.

4. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Or is it your CDN ?

tommydamic68 likes this.
  5. tommydamic68

I thought so but like I said it "miraculously" fixed itself, for the most part.

6. 0ptima

0ptima Well-Known Member

7. tommydamic68

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  8. tommydamic68

So any who, After going crazy trying to figure this out, I have turned off Cloudflare completely, repointed my DNS name servers back to my server and the problem, thus far, has gone away. Site seems snappy again and the errors gone. Found this similar thread also - not sure if related - http://xenforo.com/community/threads/css-style-not-rendering.44648/

9. Digital Doctor

tommydamic68 likes this.
  10. tommydamic68

11. Digital Doctor

You probably needed something configured better.
    Not sure about the free vs. paid issue.