XF 1.2 Site Down After Change: An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.

Joe Link

I just asked my host to install gettext so I could install sendy for my site, northwestfirearms.com. He said he had to upgrade PHP from 5.4.x to 5.4.x then recompile apache and gettext, though I use litespeed.

After he made the changes the Sendy installer said gettext was functioning properly, but when I just visited the site I'm getting "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.". The odd thing is, my other site, on the same server, with the same exact software, southwestfirearms.com, is up and running fine.

What could this be?

I wanted to add, I get the same error going to admin.php, and when I try to view the page source it only has the one line with "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.".

Accessing your install directory gives this:

Server Error
Server Error
The apc extension must be loaded for using this backend !

1. Zend_Cache::throwException() in Zend/Cache/Backend/Apc.php at line 59
  2. Zend_Cache_Backend_Apc->__construct() in Zend/Cache.php at line 153
  3. Zend_Cache::_makeBackend() in Zend/Cache.php at line 94
  4. Zend_Cache::factory() in XenForo/Application.php at line 718
  5. XenForo_Application->loadCache()
  6. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/Application.php at line 921
  7. XenForo_Application->lazyLoad() in XenForo/Application.php at line 952
  8. XenForo_Application::get() in XenForo/Application.php at line 1437
  9. XenForo_Application::getCache() in XenForo/Model.php at line 146
  10. XenForo_Model->_getCache() in XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php at line 26
  11. XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->get() in XenForo/Application.php at line 729
  12. XenForo_Application->loadOptions()
  13. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/Application.php at line 921
  14. XenForo_Application->lazyLoad() in XenForo/Application.php at line 952
  15. XenForo_Application::get() in XenForo/Model/User.php at line 908
  16. XenForo_Model_User->getVisitingGuestUser() in XenForo/Visitor.php at line 419
  17. XenForo_Visitor::setup() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 50
  18. XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade->_setupSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 304
  19. XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 346
  20. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  21. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/nwfa/public_html/install/index.php at line 18

I'm no server person but can you take out the apc info in the config file for the time being?

Thanks Russ, I'll see if the host or XenForo team can make sense of that.
Not much to make sense of... just temporarily go into your config.php and put a # in front of all the APC/cache related stuff. Then make sure your host has compiled/configured APC to load in for php (either via the php.ini file or if using php5-fpm then installing the associated PECL).

Not much to make sense of... just temporarily go into your config.php and put a # in front of all the APC/cache related stuff. Then make sure your host has compiled/configured APC to load in for php (either via the php.ini file or if using php5-fpm then installing the associated PECL).

That's exactly what I did. Thank you for your reply as well :)

Top Bottom