XF 1.5 Single Signon for sister site

PJK

We've created a separate site for competitions. We want to get single-signon setup so users on the forum can login to the competition site using their forum login. What's the best way to make this happen? Thanks.

There isn't anything that would do that out of the box (and maintain it), so you would need an add-on to achieve something like this.

I have no knowledge of this but it may work: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xencentral-multisite-system.2278/

(Note that you will generally still need additional XF licenses when using that add-on.)
I chatted with the developers there and they said it wouldn't work as that add-on creates a SSO amongst Xenforo sites, not independent sites. They quoted a custom job would cost $1,500. Do you know of a better way? It seems like it shouldn't be too difficult to create a SSO such that people who use our xenforo forum can signon to another site we have setup using their forum login. What would the general process be to create it? Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks.

Still looking for some info on how to make this work.

We've built a separate competition site. It sounds like a better bet may be to move the competition site over to Xenforo somehow. Where can I look to find info on how to do this sort of integration?

Thanks.

Top Bottom