1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Single Login for Wordpress & Xenforo

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by strongarm_playa, Mar 12, 2013.

1. strongarm_playa

strongarm_playa Active Member

Looking for a add-on so that users only have to login once to be active on the wordpress site and xenforo forums.

Suggestions please & thx

2. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Xenscripts bridge requires someone to be logged into Xenforo and then it automatically logs you into Wordpress.
    If you've logged out of Xenforo and then revisit the site on a Wordpress page first .... I don't think you automatically get logged into Wordpress or Xenforo.

Feel free to clarify this at xenscripts.com

Other options:
    XF + WP + amember (I've never seen a site with it ... i think it's possible).
    Get Jamie or lph to get dual login synchronization working for Xenscripts.
    There has been talk about a Xenforo Single Sign On Addon.
    Wait for XenSSO to support other applications [my request here]

Jake Bunce likes this.
  3. Main Company

Main Company Active Member

I plan to install the Wordpress LDAP Login extension as I have other applications on this server that use LDAP for login.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-ldap-login

Any clue what might happen to sign-on when I install your bridge? I am going to assume that XF takes-over the sign-on process, so that a user will be able to sign-on to WP using either their XF credentials or their LDAP credentials. Any thoughts?