single forum moderator

Flexin

I have a couple of quick questions. When making someone a moderator for one forum section, does that give them mod privileges in just that forum? So if I allow someone to soft delete, will it be just in that forum if I do it from the node list? Speaking of soft delete. Would that basically be the (Approve / unapprove threads / posts) permission?

And If I make a node private, how can I have it so everyone can see it but only certain user groups can enter?

One more question. This one isn't as important but I'm wondering if that mod would be able to put a user into that usergroup, without having the option to add that member to other groups?

Thanks
James

When making someone a moderator for one forum section, does that give them mod privileges in just that forum? So if I allow someone to soft delete, will it be just in that forum if I do it from the node list?

Correct.

Speaking of soft delete. Would that basically be the (Approve / unapprove threads / posts) permission?

The soft permissions are:

Delete thread by anyone
Delete post by anyone

Then there are additional permissions for hard deletions:

Hard-delete post by anyone
Hard-delete thread by anyone

And If I make a node private, how can I have it so everyone can see it but only certain user groups can enter?

The node list doesn't support that. The View node permission controls if you a user can enter a forum (click it and not get a permission error), but that permission also hides the forum from the list if it is disabled.

Optionally, there are separate permissions to restrict access to content inside of the forum without restricting the forum itself:

View threads by others
View thread content

One more question. This one isn't as important but I'm wondering if that mod would be able to put a user into that usergroup, without having the option to add that member to other groups?

Nope. Only admins can edit users.

Top Bottom