Lack of interest Single click "ban" option for Moderators

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

ibrian

As per this thread:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/how-do-i-give-moderators-the-ban-option.110811/#post-1026031

It would be helpful if at some point Xenforo could allow the one-click "ban" option that Administrators have to be available to Moderators.

At the moment they can ban a member with one-click using the "spam cleaner" option. But because this also deletes all posts by that member, it is too blunt an instrument where only a "ban" is required.

Additionally, we use the Warning system to provide official warnings. It would feel awkward to have to use this as a workaround for Moderators to ban members, and certainly requires more than a single click, plus setting up the system to work that way in lieu of a warning system.

Therefore a one-click "ban" option available in Moderator permissions - just as Administrators have - would be very welcome. :)

Upvote 4
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
At the moment they can ban a member with one-click using the "spam cleaner" option. But because this also deletes all posts by that member, it is too blunt an instrument where only a "ban" is required.
That is incorrect, as you were told several times in that thread. Bans using warning actions do not delete posts and they are not using the spam cleaner.

The suggestion itself is a valid one, of course.

I also will like to see this implemented. Warning system is nice but there are moments where a moderator urgently need to take an action.

I also will like to see this implemented. Warning system is nice but there are moments where a moderator urgently need to take an action.
It is just as quick to ban via the warning system as it is using a ban option. The advantage of a ban option is that you don't need to set up warnings and warning actions first.

For anyone who is unsure how to set up the ban ability for moderators using warnings & warning actions, see this example:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/addon-to-ban-users.111292/#post-1029101

It is just as quick to ban via the warning system as it is using a ban option. The advantage of a ban option is that you don't need to set up warnings and warning actions first.

For anyone who is unsure how to set up the ban ability for moderators using warnings & warning actions, see this example:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/addon-to-ban-users.111292/#post-1029101
if this is a feature i need as a license owner i will suggest it . It is up to developers to decide if they want to integrate it or not. You don't have to argue with every single member who suggests a feature.

Last edited by a moderator:
if this is a feature i need as a license owner i will suggest it . It is up to developers to decide if they want to integrate it or not. You don't have to argue with every single member who suggests a feature.
If you read my first post, you'll see that I agree that it's a valid suggestion. I have simply pointed out in my last post how the current solution as designed by the XenForo developers can be done for the benefit of anyone who doesn't know how to do this as a solution for the time being.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've edited out the disrespectful part of your message as it (certainly the first iteration of it) violates one or more rules.

I don't think there's any need for this sort of negativity in suggestion threads. You're absolutely right it's up to the developers to decide if we want to implement a feature, or not, and Martok doesn't appear to be attempting to influence that. Instead, all he's doing is offering an alternative solution which achieves the same result, and is a perfectly valid alternative in lieu of the suggested feature being implemented.

I feel that Martok was just trying to help. At the same time, your point of view about making the process quicker is no less valid, so there's no reason to be disrespectful.

If you read my first post, you'll see that I agree that it's a valid suggestion. I have simply pointed out in my last post how the current solution as designed by the XenForo developers can be done for the benefit of anyone who doesn't know how to do this as a solution for the time being.

I was a bit over step last night by a bit much alcohol. Sorry about the earlier message.

Hello,

In big boards admin will chose 2 or 3 type of moderators with different permissions, actually in most cases.
According to this if you want to give ban access to just one of those groups you cant! cause you have to cut other groups access from warning system. without warning system those groups are nothing, they are just posts wiper.

Its really pain in the neck, it would be great if you add ban permissions for different groups.

P.S: I know who to use warning system and spam cleaner

thanks,

Top Bottom