Since when did XenForo start using Froala as its built-in editor?

ShikiSuen

I was thinking that XF started using Froala since XF 2.2 until I saw this thread:
---------
Some bulltalks:
I personally prefer the aesthetic simplicity of the editor offered in XenForo 2.1, and seeking whether there will be an option to allow users switch the editor version style. Apparently, this won't be come true.

Hey @Chris D ,

Is there a list of changes / changelog between the old version of Froala that Xenforo used, and the new version?

Are all the changes in the old vs new version from Froala implemented in Xenforo?

I'd just like to see from an editor perspective exactly what changes are made (e.g spreadsheets can be manually centred as one, changes to how images are implemented, etc etc etc.)

Anything new we have already talked about in the relevant 'Have you seen...?' threads.

Anything new we have already talked about in the relevant 'Have you seen...?' threads.
Totally understand that, however it appears the Froala Changelog is quite extensive (https://froala.com/wysiwyg-editor/changelog/), and would be good to know specifics of things that might changed (or at least be able to read up on them), rather than just hoping they have been fixed.

For examples sake if there's been a bug that someone has had with their forum that they've ignored because it's a Froala issue, and now that issue has been resolved.

A good example off top of my head would be the issue with IOS and jumping characters/lines.

Do Froala updates get pushed through with Xenforo version updates as well, or only on major releases?

Totally understand that, however it appears the Froala Changelog is quite extensive (https://froala.com/wysiwyg-editor/changelog/), and would be good to know specifics of things that might changed (or at least be able to read up on them), rather than just hoping they have been fixed.

For examples sake if there's been a bug that someone has had with their forum that they've ignored because it's a Froala issue, and now that issue has been resolved.

A good example off top of my head would be the issue with IOS and jumping characters/lines.

Do Froala updates get pushed through with Xenforo version updates as well, or only on major releases?
If you're looking for a log of the changes made to Froala then the link you posted does that. We're running the latest version right now. We were running 2.9.5 on XF 2.1. The change log probably isn't extensive though

If there are bugs in the editor that affect the experience with XenForo then they should be posted as a XenForo bug in the first instance. Some have been, including the one you mention, if I recall correctly. Those bug reports will be updated in due course.

We sometimes update Froala in maintenance releases.

If you're looking for a log of the changes made to Froala then the link you posted does that. We're running the latest version right now. We were running 2.9.5 on XF 2.1. The change log probably isn't extensive though

If there are bugs in the editor that affect the experience with XenForo then they should be posted as a XenForo bug in the first instance. Some have been, including the one you mention, if I recall correctly. Those bug reports will be updated in due course.

Thanks Chris,

That makes perfect sense.

The forum I run sometimes there is the need for extensive tables/stats, so table formatting is a big thing (and I know there were some changes there).

jQuery was dropped by Froala in v3.0 upwards which should help with things as well :)

Now that Froala has recently updated their milestone release to 3.2.1 - Will the incoming release of 2.2 include this?

The file upload management features look great! Folders, too. Sorry If I've missed something.

Top Bottom