1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SimRace.us - Sim Racing Community Site

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by zkiller, Nov 27, 2011.

1. zkiller

zkiller Member

Hello all. I purchased my xenForo license just two days ago and after just a few short hours of work, I was very happy to push the delete button on my phpBB3 install today. So far I have been very impressed with xenForo and look forward to growing with it for years to come.

SR.us is still a very young site and our community is still in its infancy. We have been live for just a short month and half now, so please excuse the occasional tumbleweed as it blows by. :)

Any ways, let me know what you think...

http://www.simrace.us/forums/

steven s and hade like this.
  2. hade

hade New Member

nice themes....

3. zkiller

zkiller Member

Thanks. :)

4. Reeve of Shinra

Reeve of Shinra Well-Known Member

very nice, ... are you using any bridges to tie the blog and front page together with the forum?

5. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

Great! Now I'm going to have to get into iRacing. :)
    VIR is my home track.

zkiller likes this.
  6. zkiller

zkiller Member

Not yet, but I hope to be soon. Everything was bridged with the old phpBB3 install, just need to find the time to switch everything over.

7. zkiller

zkiller Member

Finally installed the XF/WP bridge last week and everything seems to be working perfectly. I used the one from the Add-On's section on here. I will be adding some of the missing parts to the plugin when I find the time. Login and Register links should be automatically redirected to the corresponding XF pages via the plugin. Simple fix, just need to find the time. I might try and add a login widget to the plugin along with a latest posts widgets, or something to that effect. Again, it's all a matter of finding the time, but once I do, I will share. :)

Loving XenForo btw. Was worth every penny!

Fuhrmann likes this.