Simplicity [Deleted]

Arty

Arty submitted a new resource:

Simplicity - Flat, responsive, glyph fonts, compact nodes

This is a responsive XenForo style that uses modern technologies.

Style supports high definition displays, it is fully responsive, it has hundreds of style properties you can use to customize style.

Style Features:
  • High definition display support. All images have HD counterparts, you can set HD logo.
  • Glyph fonts. Style uses Font Awesome and Glyph Icons Pro instead of XenForo sprites. You can even assign custom glyphs for navigation tabs....

Read more about this resource...

Nice work :)

Are the custom thread formats (2/3 columns) for all nodes or its possible to select it on each one ?

Thank you.

Unfortunately its not possible yet to configure compact threads per node. Its ether all or none. I'll try to figure it out though.

You can configure compact nodes per category (enter list of categories that should use compact nodes, if list is empty and compact nodes list is enabled then it affects all categories)

edit: sorry, misread question.

Nice work :)

Are the custom thread formats (2/3 columns) for all nodes or its possible to select it on each one ?
Ignore my post above. Its doable and quite easy to add. It will be included in next update (style is new so there will be bugs and improvements. next release will probably be on Sunday)

Arty updated Simplicity with a new update entry:

Update for XenForo 1.4.3 and Resource Manager 1.1.5

Style has been updated to support XenForo 1.4.3 and Resource Manager 1.1.5

Also the following changes were done to style:
  • Many bug fixes.
  • Compact threads feature has been reworked. Now you can apply compact threads only to normal and/or to sticky threads. You can also select what nodes compact nodes feature is applied to.
  • Sticky and normal threads are now separated in compact thread mode with customizable block.
  • In nodes list function to collapse/expand categories has been...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Looking really good Arty :)

Will you be updating your old styles to include the new features rolled out in these recent 2? It would be really nice to have the Retina support, glyph fonts, customizable node icons etc. on Elegance and and BR.

Thank you :)

Probably not because most of those features will break current behavior of those styles.
Styles you have mentioned already have Retina support.

Yeah, I just copied the tagline for your sig when I wrote that. Was mainly hoping to get the icon replacement for the user alerts etc. No biggie though, it can still be done with template edits :)

Bug fixes, support for more add-ons

Changes since version 1.0.2:
  • Bug fixes
  • Built-in support for XenPorta add-on
  • Better support for Widget Framework add-on
  • Built-in support for Extra Portal add-on
  • Better support for XenForo Media Gallery add-on
  • Glyph Icons Pro has been updated to version 1.9
  • Options for full width sidebar on mobile devices (enabled by default)
  • Improvements for message layout on mobile devices, these options work only when option to wrap messages in additional block is disabled:

Bug fixes, new features, XMG 1.0.1 support

Changes since version 1.0.3:
  • Many bug fixes, including fixes for login button and sticky navigation.
  • New button to toggle sidebar on desktop. Your selection will be remembered in cookie, allowing you to hide sidebar forever (see style properties -> sidebar).
  • Option to minimize search bar in navigation. It will show small search icon instead of text field, clicking it will expand to full text field (see style properties -> quick search).
  • Option to move "create thread" and...

Ninja update: one unexpected bug slipped into release. I've updated style.js to fix that bug.

If you have downloaded update before this message was posted, download zip file again and update style.js. No need to import XML file.

If you are using custom color scheme, you can use style.js from default color scheme without parsing it with ColorizeIt - that file is the same for all color schemes.

How to check if you are using correct style.js: open your forum, reduce browser width so navigation tabs would collapse into responsive tabs, click responsive tab (one with 3 vertical lines). Dropdown menu will appear. If its empty, you need to update.

Sorry about that :(

Support for xenPorta 2 Pro, node category glyphs

Changes:
  • Many bug fixes
  • Support for latest version of sonnb's Media Gallery add-on
  • Support for latest version of CTA Featured Threads add-on
  • Support for xenPorta 2 Pro add-on
  • Custom forum category glyphs (demo). You can set custom Font Awesome or Glyph Icons Pro glyphs to be displayed before any forum category.
  • Quick search bar in style or language selection overlay, it appears only when there are 10 or more...

Very good style! Bought it.
Start search bugs...

artodia_simplicity_bug_0001.webp

Fix

Changes may damage other parts of the style.
Arty, can be corrected in the original style?

Last edited:
In the style settings have an item that leads nowhere:

artodia_simplicity_bug_0002.webp

Style Properties: Footer -> "Align footer to bottom of browser window" not working?
I have, when i turn off the settings, footer normally clings to the bottom of the page.

Last edited:
There are several hidden properties that are new unfinished functions, but XF shouldn't show them. It doesn't show them when viewing style groups list on styles page, but looks like for some reason shows that empty group in groups popup. Looks like a bug in XF.

Alignment to footer: maybe you misunderstood its meaning? Its not sticky footer like sticky navigation, its a function that aligns footer to bottom of page when page content is very short.

Its not sticky footer like sticky navigation, its a function that aligns footer to bottom of page when page content is very short.
All right.
When the function is deactivated, the footer is still at the bottom of the page. Even with a small content.

artodia_simplicity_bug_0003_001.webp

artodia_simplicity_bug_0003_002.webp

Thanks, its a bug.

To fix it open style.js, find
Code:
if ($this.attr('data-sticky-footer'))
and replace with
Code:
if ($this.attr('data-sticky-footer') == '1')
As for previous issue with thread display options, don't apply that code. It seemed like a good idea when I was replying from phone, but now that I've returned home and tested it, bug is caused by different issue: missing sectionFooter block because there are no posts in that forum. So correct fix is
Code:
.discussionListItems:last-child { padding-bottom: 0; }

Top Bottom