• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Simple Forms Addon - BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

John L.

Hi All,

We are looking for 3 beta testers to help us with the (soon to come) private beta release of Simple Forms. For those of you who do not know, Simple Forms will be an addon that gives you the ability to create forms and submit the data received as a new thread, post, conversation and/or email. I'll post a feature list soon and we are looking at a private beta release date of November 21st. This date is not final and is subject to change but that is what we are aiming for.

After we have gone through a rigorous beta testing exercise and come out with a polished product we will be making our public release. There is no timeline on when that will be as it all depends on the progress of the beta testing. Remember that Simple Forms upon release will be available in a "lite" (free) version with significantly less features and "pro" (paid) version with all features enabled. The "pro" license will also be available in both single-domain and multi-domain license types.

All of our beta testers will receive a "pro" copy of Simple Forms free for their help in making this product better. To apply for our beta testing phase I ask that you please send me a private message.

*Note: Applications are closed and we are not accepting any new beta testers.

We thank you for your time!

This is a wonderful design. I'm only sorry I can't help as until a couple of other mods are completed I only have a test board.

Please either accept "Interested" posts on this thread or start another one for them so we get notified on when it's ready or stages of progress.

Will this integrate correctly with usergroups?

For example, the contact us form example, ticking a box to be contacted by email is great if already registered, but what if a guest? You don't want two forms to cover one thing due to usergroups, instead I would want this option if x usergroup else show this field for those with a user id.

Will this integrate correctly with usergroups?

For example, the contact us form example, ticking a box to be contacted by email is great if already registered, but what if a guest? You don't want two forms to cover one thing due to usergroups, instead I would want this option if x usergroup else show this field for those with a user id.

There will be no conditionals for fields or fields based off usergroups. That may be something to look at for a future release but definitely not on initial release. That form is an example, doesn't mean that is what it would say.

Hi John, will your plugin support attachments as a requirement for new threads? We would like to use it for bugreports and users should be forced to upload a (log-)file during reporting.

Hi John, will your plugin support attachments as a requirement for new threads? We would like to use it for bugreports and users should be forced to upload a (log-)file during reporting.

Not for the initial release, no. But we will be taking feature enhancement requests once we have the system polished and ready for initial release.

Guys just a reminder that today is the final day for applicants so if you have an active forum and a real need for the forms addon, shoot me a message.

Awesome. :)

Now, this may be a dumb question....but, would I be able to then export this info into an Excel sheet (or view it on a sortable screen) where I can compile and manipulate the data easily?

Awesome. :)

Now, this may be a dumb question....but, would I be able to then export this info into an Excel sheet (or view it on a sortable screen) where I can compile and manipulate the data easily?

Yes we have a CSV export system for all form data.

Great, thanks :D

You can expect a donation from me once you get this rolling. Good luck on the rest of the process!

Great, thanks :D

You can expect a donation from me once you get this rolling. Good luck on the rest of the process!

No need for a donation, we will be offering this in licenses. If you wish to support us simple purchase a license that best fits your needs :).

great job, is it possible to create a thread with the form information if submitted by the user

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom