Similar Threads Plus

Similar Threads Plus 2.0

No permission to download
i get many errors like
ErrorException: Trying to get property 'total' of non-object - library/Andy/SimilarThreadsPlus/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:743
#0 /library/Andy/SimilarThreadsPlus/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(743): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Trying to get p...', '/var/www/gg...', 743, Array)
#1 /library/SV/StickyFirstPost/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(22): Andy_SimilarThreadsPlus_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#2 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(369): SV_StickyFirstPost_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#3 /XenForo/FrontController.php(152): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()

and
ErrorException: Undefined property: stdClass::$_shards - library/Andy/SimilarThreadsPlus/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:743

#0 /library/Andy/SimilarThreadsPlus/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(743): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined prope...', '/var/www/gg...', 743, Array)
#1 /library/SV/StickyFirstPost/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(22): Andy_SimilarThreadsPlus_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#2 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(369): SV_StickyFirstPost_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#3 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(152): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}

I'm still testing this, but I believe that this is showing people threads from other sections of a forum where they may not have permission to view.

Example:
Site member has access to forums: A, B & C
Site member does not have access to forum D.
Site member is reading a thread from forum B but the Similar Threads Plus results are showing threads from 'Forum D' where they shouldn't be able to see the content. (It shows title and name of forum where they shouldn't be able to see due to no access by user group permissions)

Can anyone reproduce this? Got a number of reports saying people were seeing things that they believe they shouldn't. Permissions were intact, they couldn't actually click on and view the thread, but the title and forum name was enough to cause some concern.

Edit: 2/7/2018 - Since there's been no update, we've pulled this from our site until design and actual intended function can be validated.

I came here to report this issue
@AndyB
we had to disable the addon because it was pulling threads from unauthorized forums

Thanks Andy for the update.
I confirm the addon works great now, and it's so much faster than "Similar Threads".
I highly recommend it for all forums with Enhanced Search !

I have made a donation to Andy as a gesture for his excellent work, I hope others will do the same.

fyi, after updating to php 7.1 i get this:

An exception occurred: Call to undefined function curl_init() in /home/mysite/public_html/forum/library/Andy/SimilarThreadsPlus/ControllerPublic/Thread.php on line 262

Andy_SimilarThreadsPlus_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex() in Andy/NewPostLimit/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 8
Andy_NewPostLimit_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex() in Andy/Trader/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 8
Andy_Trader_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex() in Apug/CustomSidebar/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 17
Apug_CustomSidebar_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 369
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 152
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/photrio/public_html/forum/index.php at line 13 [/code]
I've disabled it for now and pages loading normally.

Top Bottom