1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Similar threads based on tags

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by Alfa1, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Now that we have thread tags, we finally have a good way to find similar threads. This is a reliable method because threads with the same tags will always be similar. (unless incorrectly tagged)

So I propose a similar threads function, based on thread tags.

2. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

I realize you're talking about core features but I do plan to update my add on to include this ;)

3. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Core feature is important because if this is available then addons with other content types can make use of this as well. Its a topic that keeps popping up for many major addons.

Veer and Daniel Hood like this.
  4. eberkund

eberkund Active Member

You have a similar threads addon?

5. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

It is a widget in my widget extension add on.

eberkund likes this.
  6. ForestForTrees

ForestForTrees Well-Known Member

This would be a terrific feature for decreasing bounce rate. Now that Google is measuring dwell time, minimizing bounces is even more important.

Forums excel with specialized knowledge and by bringing together people passionate about a subject. This feature allow us to rope in those people by highlighting that specialized content.

In the short term, the following addon can help, but in the long term, this is a feature that many admins would turn on and that would have a substantial positive effect on visitors.
    https://xenforo.com/community/resources/related-contents.4569/