SimCity Talk

Ernest L. Defoe

I would like to get everyone's input on a site I am working on. It's not open (registrations are closed) yet as I am still working on a few things along with the person I hired to make the custom theme (Russ) fixing a few theme issues/improvements. Just wanted to get some preliminary feedback into what people think about it.

The site is designed to be a hangout/resource for people that have the newest SimCity game where they can come and talk about the game (things they like/dislike) as well as for older versions of the game with a section for Sim games in general (The Sims, etc).

The site is located at here so please give me your honest feedback as I want to try and make this a great site.

Thank you for your time.

I would like to get everyone's input on a site I am working on. It's not open (registrations are closed) yet as I am still working on a few things along with the person I hired to make the custom theme (Russ) fixing a few theme issues/improvements. Just wanted to get some preliminary feedback into what people think about it.

The site is designed to be a hangout/resource for people that have the newest SimCity game where they can come and talk about the game (things they like/dislike) as well as for older versions of the game with a section for Sim games in general (The Sims, etc).

The site is located at here so please give me your honest feedback as I want to try and make this a great site.

Thank you for your time.

Style looks nice, clean. Could do with more sim city related enhancements but overall you've set a nice foundation to build from. :P Yeah, looking good so far & nice work. :)

Thanks Shelley. Yeah Russ still has a little work to do on the theme. He mentioned some enhancements as far as game images and such. It's still a work in progress and probably will stay that way even after I have enabled registration. I may get with you to do some custom Sim smilies and mood icons in the future (near) if you have the time.

I am very proud of the work Russ has put into the style. He did an excellent job. I think he was just as excited at making the theme as I was to get it. He is very talented and took all my ideas and made it is what it is.

Thanks Shelley. Yeah Russ still has a little work to do on the theme. He mentioned some enhancements as far as game images and such. It's still a work in progress and probably will stay that way even after I have enabled registration. I may get with you to do some custom Sim smilies and mood icons in the future (near) if you have the time.

I am very proud of the work Russ has put into the style. He did an excellent job. I think he was just as excited at making the theme as I was to get it. He is very talented and took all my ideas and made it is what it is.

Russ is a great guy, you couldn't ask for a better more pleasant person to work on your site. Glad to hear the experience with him is positive which I knew it would be. (y)

With regards to custom work, unfortunately I'm not taking on any custom jobs, sorry.

Looks good,

I'm not sure you can use their logo directly/indirectly :http://cdn.forum.ea.com/eaforum/templates/default/skins/en_US/simcity/images/bannerfade.png

It might be worth asking EA first, after all... it's positive promotion for them. I'm sure they'll be fine, but it might be worth asking 1st

Maybe just make an alternative logo?

it'll be an easy 2 minute job to re-create the logo using a similar font to avoid such scenario's if by the offchance EA kick up .

Looks good,

I'm not sure you can use their logo directly/indirectly :http://cdn.forum.ea.com/eaforum/templates/default/skins/en_US/simcity/images/bannerfade.png

It might be worth asking EA first, after all... it's positive promotion for them. I'm sure they'll be fine, but it might be worth asking 1st

Maybe just make an alternative logo?
it'll be an easy 2 minute job to re-create the logo using a similar font to avoid such scenario's if by the offchance EA kick up .

It's just a placeholder right now. Russ is getting me the actual logo made.

I have decided to go ahead and enable registrations. Hard to find out what needs to be fixed when it's just me and Russ. So everyone that like SimCity come on and join us.

I have decided to go ahead and enable registrations. Hard to find out what needs to be fixed when it's just me and Russ. So everyone that like SimCity come on and join us.

I'm sure Russ will get on this soon and noticed it but just on the offchance don't forget to replace the navigation trigger icon in the breadcrumbs as I always think the default never doesn't fit or look right on custom styles.

I believe that is on his to do list Shelley but I noticed you registered on the site. Could you maybe post it in the Feedback & Support forum please. I want to make sure he sees what other members may notice that neither him nor I may notice. Thank you for registering BTW.

I believe that is on his to do list Shelley but I noticed you registered on the site. Could you maybe post it in the Feedback & Support forum please. I want to make sure he sees what other members may notice that neither him nor I may notice. Thank you for registering BTW.

No problem will do.

Just registered but for some reason Google Mail but your verification e-mail straight into the spam folder. Just some info for you really.

Just registered but for some reason Google Mail but your verification e-mail straight into the spam folder. Just some info for you really.

Yeah I got to figure out why that is. I know someone said there is a post on here about that. Need to search for it and figure it out. Thanks for registering btw.

I'm sure Russ will get on this soon and noticed it but just on the offchance don't forget to replace the navigation trigger icon in the breadcrumbs as I always think the default never doesn't fit or look right on custom styles.
Thanks for the feedback all :) Ernest is a cool guy to do business with, also plan is to add some more game related graphics to it, and the new logo...

Top Bottom