Sim City - EA are greedy *******s Thread.

Shelley

So did you purchase this game? what are your thoughts of the server issues that's currently plaguing customers atm? What are your thoughts about the whole fiasco they call the launch (I know where I'd like to launch my copy of sim city).

Discuss. :D *saves going off-topic in other threads*

simcitybox.webp

Was really looking forward to it, then I saw some comments about the problems and held off.... glad I did now. I still want the game, but I'm going to wait until I see you say you're playing it- then I KNOW it'll be working acceptably :D

I've been waiting for a decent Sim City for years since the last one. Cities XL was pretty poor. I was ready to buy this but think I may hold off for now as EA have "done it again".

I don't like that you have to be online to play (Even single player).

It will probably end up like The Sims 3, a never ending cycle of expansion packs (15+ so far I think).

I've been waiting for a decent Sim City for years since the last one. Cities XL was pretty poor. I was ready to buy this but think I may hold off for now as EA have "done it again".

I don't like that you have to be online to play (Even single player).

It will probably end up like The Sims 3, a never ending cycle of expansion packs (15+ so far I think).

Don't get me wrong the game itself is supposed to be excellent I think we just need to ride out the bad server or rather the lack of preparation on EA part and ride this one out. I'm sure it'll be worth the purchase once everything is fixed.

Yeah I have to agree Cities XL is a poor game and is nothing compared to the older sim city but I'll hold out for the servers to be fixed which hopefully won't be too long.

I was looking forward to the release even purchased the Deluxe version to get the free stuff. Spent over 2 days trying to get the game downloaded. Another day and a half trying to play the game. I finally changed servers and have been able to play. Kinda disappointed in the overall gameplay of it though. Waste of money so far on my end as far as I am concerned.

So... what are the thoughts of having it online experience only? You'd think they'd get the servers right at least... but then again even WoW probably one of the most profitable games had a terrible launch if I remember.

So... what are the thoughts of having it online experience only? You'd think they'd get the servers right at least... but then again even WoW probably one of the most profitable games had a terrible launch if I remember.

Diablo 3 had a terrible launch with the infamous error 37 and other login problems amongst other issues. it got so bad I uninstalled the game after 2 weeks and never went back to it again. Made me loathe diablo after being a long lasting fan of the previous diablo titles.

Diablo 3 had a terrible launch with the infamous error 37 and other login problems amongst other issues. it got so bad I uninstalled the game after 2 weeks and never went back to it again. Made me loathe diablo after being a long lasting fan of the previous diablo titles.

I had a few issues at first but I got Diablo 3 for free for doing the WoW Annual Pass so I couldn't rightfully complain too much. Their launch was bad but I don't think it was as bad as the SimCity launch. SimCity didn't do enough BETA testing. They should have had open BETA testing to stress test the servers. As much as I don't like the gameplay of Paths of Exile they did do open BETA testing to stress test their servers and their launch went great. I really don't like the having to be online to play function. You should be able to save your game locally and play without the need of the internet.

Yep... bought it the first day even though I wanted to hold off the excitement got me... Played for about 6 hours and never went back to it.

I'm playing a little bit of Path of Exile right now, a diablo "knock off" but it's free and quite fun :D

Yep... bought it the first day even though I wanted to hold off the excitement got me... Played for about 6 hours and never went back to it.

I'm playing a little bit of Path of Exile right now, a diablo "knock off" but it's free and quite fun :D

I went with Torchlight 2 after feeling burnt by the diablo 3 fiasco. Really good game if your into that type which is very much like diablo ( you probably know this already russ since you own a gaming site) :P

That said, l4d2 is still my game to play. :D

I went with Torchlight 2 after feeling burnt by the diablo 3 fiasco. Really good game if your into that type which is very much like diablo ( you probably know this already russ since you own a gaming site) :p

That said, l4d2 is still my game to play. :D

Path of Exile is a good game - www.pathofexile.com. Similar to Diablo but much better. Too complicated for me though. Look at the skill tree :eek:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's working a little better for me on North America West 1 server. But still too many periods of server unavailability.

No real reason to NOT have an offline only mode.

Torchlight 2 is awesome, as is Path of Exile, no problems with either of those games

I hate the requirement to be online for a game you play OFFLINE, it's stupid, they should make it illegal.

hahaha yeah that's definitely on the "things that should be made illegal list"

1. Comments in posts
2 offline single player games which are forced to be played online.

I can genuinely understand the need for companies to make people activate games/applications, either online, via the phone or hell, even via snail mail, but punishing customers who've purchased games legitimately, via forced online play or stupid DRM based crap, should really be illegal.

It's kinda like Ford releasing a new car, but it only works IF the GPS device built in can communicate with the satellite in orbit.
Satellite broken by a piece of space debris? Oh sorry, no driving for you! :P

I can genuinely understand the need for companies to make people activate games/applications, either online, via the phone or hell, even via snail mail, but punishing customers who've purchased games legitimately, via forced online play or stupid DRM based crap, should really be illegal.

It's kinda like Ford releasing a new car, but it only works IF the GPS device built in can communicate with the satellite in orbit.
Satellite broken by a piece of space debris? Oh sorry, no driving for you! :p

Online gaming is nothing like your example. EA blew it by not ensuring there was enough hardware in place to handle the demand for game play. By your reasoning, MMOs should be able to be played locally on your machine, therefore negating the MMO aspect of the game. Doesn't work that way.

I was trying to think of a real world example where an unnecessary component failing, would prevent you from using a service, or item

I wasn't making it in jest, I wasn't trying to be serious, hence the = :P

That gets boring in later levels (I got to 80 and just lost interest).

Basically gone back to GW2, though I'm too busy to play much right now.

Top Bottom