XF 1.2 Signature Media Embeds Not Working

Michael

I have a usergroup that can use videos within their signatures and I have their permissions set to allow media embeds within their signature but the video isnt embedding as it used to, it is just showing up as a link. Any idea on how to fix this?

Allow embedded media: is set to Yes

No media button shows when editing the signature too logged in as a member within the usergroup.

Thank you.

EDIT: The media button is now showing up but when I use it to insert it, the video doesnt display at all.

EDIT: That is weird, it has suddenly started working again :D

Last edited:
Check your permissions - if members of that group are also in another group and you've set Allow embedded media to Never then they won't be able to add media as Never overrides everything.

Basically, never use Never (well, very rarely anyway). You should use Not Set (No) instead.

Check your permissions - if members of that group are also in another group and you've set Allow embedded media to Never then they won't be able to add media as Never overrides everything.

Basically, never use Never (well, very rarely anyway). You should use Not Set (No) instead.

That might have been it, one of the options was never for the registered group, are the permissions cached too as it could be that which caused the delay :D

That might have been it, one of the options was never for the registered group, are the permissions cached too as it could be that which caused the delay :D
You should have an immediate change one you've correctly set the permissions.

As Registered should be the primary group for all users, you should definitely not use Never for any of their permissions. If you don't want them to have a permission, it should be set to Not Set (No).

See Brogan's guide for more about this http://xenforo.com/community/resources/implementing-permissions-across-multiple-user-groups.358/

Top Bottom