1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Signature: automatically show icons for social urls?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by creativeforge, Aug 8, 2015.

1. creativeforge

creativeforge Active Member

Hi all, this has probably been discussed before, but I couldn't find it, so if you know where, please let me know?

I'd like for the members signatures to display an icon instead of a full URL. It gets pretty busy otherwise, and I like how tidy it looks with icons. (Facebook, Soundcloud, YouTube, Skype, LinkedIn, etc.

I cant find how to do this, am I missing something? (probably!)

Regards,

Andre

2. eberkund

eberkund Active Member

What do you mean? They put their social media links in their signatures?

There are two ways you could do this, make a custom field for them to put their social media links and then display them using the appropriate template or make an addon which parses the signature for links and replaces them with icons.

creativeforge likes this.
  3. creativeforge

Hi, thank you! There are many conditions in what you're saying I could do:

1- what would the appropriate template be?

2- do you know of any addon doing this?

Thank you!

4. creativeforge

I did create a custom field for Soundcloud, and a few others are already there. What we don't have, are corresponding icons.

5. creativeforge

Anyone? Is there an addon for this? Is it BB Code-related?

6. eberkund

eberkund Active Member

I don't know of any addons that do this but you could use FontAwesome for the icons

7. creativeforge

Do you mean add it manually?

8. eberkund

eberkund Active Member

Well you would insert each icon and use a link for it. I think if you make a custom field for each social network and then edit the template for the post footer you can add it

9. creativeforge

Yes, so the last part there is problematic right now: what would I insert in the post footer template?

10. eberkund

eberkund Active Member