XF 1.1 Sign Up/Registration Page

Lilybet

Hello peeps:D

I'm trying to make it that folks who click on the 'Sign Up Now' button, go directly to the Registration page to fill in all details, instead of having the pop down login display shown...I've already set the label url to /cutexen/register and it doesn't work, it only goes to index.php

can any kind soul help me, please?:notworthy:

I would like to also have visitors who click onto the orange button named "Sign Up Now" to go directly to the page "domain.com/register".

Could you please help me where and how I can change this ?

I assume I need to change the template "sidebar_visitor_panel", but not sure which code to change?

Thanks a lot!

See here:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/change-login-bar-to-an-overlay.480/

Adding the small block of javascript code is what disables the dropdown menu for the login form. If you just add that javascript and don't add the OverlayTrigger parts then it will create the desired effect where the user is taken to the full login page. Or if you want to skip the login page and go straight to registration then you can replace {xen:link login} with {xen:link register}.

Hi Jake,

many thanks for your kind help!

I just want to change the big orange "Sign Up Now" button to go directly to the register-page.
I want to remain all other stuff as it is per default (meaning the small dark-blue-colored "Sign-up or Register" button at the top-right should still open in a drop down as per default).

I just tested this by changing the code in the template "sidebar_visitor_panel" from "{xen:link login}" towards "{xen:link register}" , but unfortunately that did not work.....

Thanks again!

you mean adding this code into the template named "sidebar_visitor_panel" ?
Where in the template do I position this JS-code?

Code:
<script>
XenForo.LoginBar = function(a){};
</script>

I just added this JS-code into the template "sidebar_visitor_panel", but it disables the drop-down completely.
I actually still want to remain the drop-down when the visitor clicks onto "Log in or Register" at the top. I just want to disable the drop-down when a visitor clicks onto the orange button.

Is there a way to do this?

Many thanks!

In that case do away with the javascript and remove the red piece:

Rich (BB code):
<div class="section loginButton">		
	<div class="secondaryContent">
		<label for="LoginControl" id="SignupButton"><a href="{xen:link login}" class="inner">{xen:if $xenOptions.registrationSetup.enabled, {xen:phrase sign_up_now}, {xen:phrase log_in}}</a></label>
	</div>
</div>

In that case do away with the javascript and remove the red piece:

Rich (BB code):
<div class="section loginButton">       
    <div class="secondaryContent">
        <label for="LoginControl" id="SignupButton"><a href="{xen:link login}" class="inner">{xen:if $xenOptions.registrationSetup.enabled, {xen:phrase sign_up_now}, {xen:phrase log_in}}</a></label>
    </div>
</div>

it seems something has changed....
when I do remove "LoginControl" now, then it forwards to "domain.com/login".

How do I forward towards "domain.com/register" when clicking the orange "Sign up"-button ?

Many thanks!

:)

I'm trying to have the 'Signup' button redirect to a custom URL. I have an Infusionsoft integration where people purchase membership and then a code creates their Xenforo account. Whenever someone goes directly to my Xenforo page http://thespiritualvoice.com/members/ and try to Signup I want to redirect them to my sales page http://thespiritualvoice.com/tsv-alliance/ . I'm not too familiar with the Xenforo programming although I know where to access the Appearance Templates and other Admin functions.

I tried playing around with the information here but without success. Thank you for your help.

Top Bottom