Sigh

Cupara

Here I am again, regretting the sell of my XenForo license, I should have just held on to it while I took my break and built up my ideas.

I know I owe so many answers and you will get those answers in the form of updates to mods. I handed the mods off to someone else that will remain nameless who was supposed to release the mods under the same name and continue supporting them. None of that has happened and I will update them as I can.

Some say that I rip them off, some say I can't be trusted, truth of the matter is no matter what happens in my personal life I still have a conscious, I still have feelings. I'm on Spring break from college now so there is some time for me to raise money hopefully through side jobs to get me a new license.

Now for those who feel they were ripped off, trust me that did not happen, I swear to you all that my mods were supposed to be released by someone new but that didn't happen. I quit checking this site until today I had a feeling I needed to check the site and realized that my mods were still not released. So it is my responsibility to get those up again.

Lastly, those who bashed me in my resource thread need to understand that bashing me because someone else does is uncalled for and disrespectful to a member of this community, I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate someone doing that to you so please don't bring the bashing to this thread. I'm only looking to inform the community and get any questions answered that need answering.

And now the process I'm doing this time around.
I'm starting with MyPoints and updating it, adding features, and releasing it followed by MyShop v2 which will be the full shop version, it will probably require an entire rewrite but that is why I'm doing it after MyPoints to make things simple to integrate.

Any questions now?

Cheers
Steve

would it be possible to start with the shop? and allow user choice for currencies field?

as currently Credits by ******* pretty much does everything a points system should do.

I could but demand for MyPoints is up, I already have an updated version, just needs some tweaks so starting MyShop wouldn't be hard to do as I intended for the currency field to be chosen anyway.

As it stands MyShop needs a complete rewrite so I can make the shop actually an image shop and/or a product shop. I'll try to include all point systems as currency as well which I have setup already but since I'm rewriting it I'll have to start a whole new feature list.

I'm starting with MyPoints and updating it, adding features, and releasing it followed by MyShop v2 which will be the full shop version, it will probably require an entire rewrite but that is why I'm doing it after MyPoints to make things simple to integrate.

Hoping you aren't taking pre-orders on planned features.

Hoping you aren't taking pre-orders on planned features.
LOL I understand, I don't take pre-orders or donations or advanced anything anymore. That has presented a huge problem in the past and I'm working alone this time around, no business manager except my wife to manage finances and all.

Are you saving up for the iPhone 10 in the process?
Uncalled for but believe it or not, my iPhone was free through my service provider, where I live they don't offer telephone service so we have to use cell phones for our phone service.

Let me make this clear to everyone, I have already made a thread about this that apparently got buried. Any money I made from anyone was never used for Guild Wars 2, World of Warcraft, my iPhone, that is rumors started by people who were jealous or something. My Macbook and all were paid for by money from my own pocket through working in real life, student loans, etc. Therefore what I purchase with my own money is no one else concern, any money I obtained previously was used to pay for hosting, upkeep of domains and SSL certificates.

Now that is out of the way, let us get past old news and move on to the future.

Welcome back, Steve!

I would like to share my honest suggestion:
  • Try to take small to medium size addons, don't take big ones.
  • First complete one addon at least release a stable version and then start another one.
  • Use default XF style and Design your addons layout more XenForo look-like.
I wish you the best (y)

I intend to follow that, thanks Veer. My mods are medium, I have no small ones other than xfNewsletter which is long over due for an update but it is not as popular. I will be careful this time, finish one completely before I move on to the next especially with getting bug fixes out sooner.

Here I am again, regretting the sell of my XenForo license, I should have just held on to it while I took my break and built up my ideas.

I know I owe so many answers and you will get those answers in the form of updates to mods. I handed the mods off to someone else that will remain nameless who was supposed to release the mods under the same name and continue supporting them. None of that has happened and I will update them as I can.

Some say that I rip them off, some say I can't be trusted, truth of the matter is no matter what happens in my personal life I still have a conscious, I still have feelings. I'm on Spring break from college now so there is some time for me to raise money hopefully through side jobs to get me a new license.

Now for those who feel they were ripped off, trust me that did not happen, I swear to you all that my mods were supposed to be released by someone new but that didn't happen. I quit checking this site until today I had a feeling I needed to check the site and realized that my mods were still not released. So it is my responsibility to get those up again.

Lastly, those who bashed me in my resource thread need to understand that bashing me because someone else does is uncalled for and disrespectful to a member of this community, I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate someone doing that to you so please don't bring the bashing to this thread. I'm only looking to inform the community and get any questions answered that need answering.

Any questions now?

Cheers
Steve

Not going to lie, it is cool that you seem regretful but your like the third person who has been known to be a "crook" and return this week or post some sort of message.

Actions speak louder then words.

Release the stuff you say you are and do not take any more pre orders/donations until it is complete and fully functioning and could be considered "Gold" for an addon and I'm sure many people will forget/forgive.

Not going to lie, it is cool that you seem regretful but your like the third person who has been known to be a "crook" and return this week or post some sort of message.

Actions speak louder then words.

Release the stuff you say you are and do not take any more pre orders/donations until it is complete and fully functioning and could be considered "Gold" for an addon and I'm sure many people will forget/forgive.
Placing me in the "crook" category is unsubstantiated as I have never stole, donations were just that, donations. Pre-orders were delivered but I can't help what people define as a "crook" or "thief". I'll leave it at that.

Thanks everyone else for the welcome. Actions do speak louder than words but can't have actions until my first action is obtaining a new license. :P

Steve is currently doing some paid work for me with some private customizing of xFpoints to fit my needs on how I intend to use it. I must say things are much smoother now working with him. His focus has been great and following up with ideas and testing/fixing errors with non-stop communication. I'm very pleased with Steve v2.0 :)

Steve is currently doing some paid work for me with some private customizing of xFpoints to fit my needs on how I intend to use it. I must say things are much smoother now working with him. His focus has been great and following up with ideas and testing/fixing errors with non-stop communication. I'm very pleased with Steve v2.0 :)
Glad to hear that :)

Top Bottom