Lack of interest Sidebar Widgets

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Markos

I'd like to see the possibility of add in the sidebar this widgets:
-Most liked users
- Most liked threads
- Last liked topics
- User with most points etc.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Kier has said the sidebar will be highly customizable (Though I think its mostly templates), so it probably won't be long until someone starts making widgets for that (If its not already a feature for the sidebar).

PLEASE, this framework already is a fundamental part of our forums and a lot of people are utilizing, it should be awesome is you guys can standarize it's use and include it as part of xenforo, that way we will have a totally plug-in system to add almost anything to sidebar as in wordpress.

Totally agree. The widget framework was what made me feel way more comfortable using xenforo now.
Should really be part of core.

The problem is that a lot of people are also using Jaxel's xenporta which now basically lets you have a sidebar and customised layout on every page and does the same job.

RobParker you are right. I have XenPorta installed too, but did not realize that it works across other pages too now.
That makes the bd-widget framework really obsolete than.
Thx for pointing this out.

RobParker you are right. I have XenPorta installed too, but did not realize that it works across other pages too now.
That makes the bd-widget framework really obsolete than.
Thx for pointing this out.
Actually it doesn't. The BD Widget Framework is far and away more powerful than the XenPorta Framework.

But you should know by now, that I'm what you would call a "minimalist"; so many features that BD offers, I do not... simply because I believe either that most people don't need them, or that most people SHOULDN'T use them.

We loved the bd widget framework until we realised it created some compatibility issues with other add-ons we had. So I'd really like to see something similiar in the core but coded by Xenforo devs of course. I really like the widget that shows the 5 most recent threads and 5 most recent replies, that was excellent.

Top Bottom