XF 1.2 Sidebar user name styling not working?

Neszy

Hello,

I'm using Arty's Soft Responsive skin on my forum (not sure if it changes how the code is applied - I found a thread on the Artodia forums where this fix seemed to work fine but I can't seem to get it to work), and the user name styling specified here doesn't seem to be working on my forum. Below is the default template:

4Dqm1.png

Which obviously has no effect to sidebar styling. Now, when I add the code...

4DqqW.png

Nothing seems to change in the online now sidebar:

4DqtQ.png

Does anyone know why this is? The forum is currently inactive since it's launching relatively soon, so linking the URL for inspection isn't possible, though I can provide more information if necessary.

Thanks.

What are you trying to change? The light blue text like Staff Online Now?
Attempting to change "Members Online Now" to show username styling (as seen in "Staff Online Now").

Still doesn't seem to be working after redoing it - I could make a temporary account if you're willing to check the code.

Attempting to change "Members Online Now" to show username styling (as seen in "Staff Online Now").

Still doesn't seem to be working after redoing it - I could make a temporary account if you're willing to check the code.

I don't know how to do that, either, unfortunately.

A workaround you could do, though, is to make the link color the same color as your username. Are you the only staff, though, currently?

Full template is as follows:
Code:
<xen:edithint template="sidebar.css" />

<!-- block: sidebar_online_staff -->
<xen:if hascontent="true">
    <div class="section staffOnline avatarList">
        <div class="secondaryContent">
            <h3>{xen:phrase staff_online_now}</h3>
            <ul>
                <xen:contentcheck>
                    <xen:foreach loop="$onlineUsers.records" value="$user">
                        <xen:if is="{$user.is_staff}">
                            <li>
                                <xen:avatar user="$user" size="s" img="true" />
                                <xen:username user="$user" rich="true" />
                                <div class="userTitle">{xen:helper userTitle, $user}</div>
                            </li>
                        </xen:if>
                    </xen:foreach>
                </xen:contentcheck>
            </ul>
        </div>
    </div>
<!-- end block: sidebar_online_staff -->

<!-- block: sidebar_online_users -->
<div class="section membersOnline userList">      
    <div class="secondaryContent">
        <h3><a href="{xen:link online}" title="{xen:phrase see_all_online_users}">{xen:phrase members_online_now}</a></h3>

<xen:if is="{$onlineUsers.records}">

<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">
                <xen:if hascontent="true">
                <h4 class="minorHeading"><a href="{xen:link account/following}">{xen:phrase people_you_follow}:</a></h4>
                <ul class="followedOnline">
                    <xen:contentcheck>
                        <xen:foreach loop="$onlineUsers.records" value="$user">
                            <xen:if is="{$user.followed}">
                                <li title="{$user.username}" class="Tooltip"><xen:avatar user="$user" size="s" img="true" class="_plainImage" /></li>
                    </xen:contentcheck>
                </ul>
                <h4 class="minorHeading"><a href="{xen:link members}">{xen:phrase members}:</a></h4>

<ol class="listInline">
                <xen:foreach loop="$onlineUsers.records" value="$user" i="$i">
                    <xen:if is="{$i} <= {$onlineUsers.limit}">
                        <li>
                        <xen:if is="{$user.user_id}">
                            <a href="{xen:link members, $user}"
                                class="username{xen:if '!{$user.visible}', ' invisible'}{xen:if {$user.followed}, ' followed'}">{xen:helper richUserName, $user}</a><xen:if is="{$i} < {$onlineUsers.limit}">,</xen:if>
                        <xen:else />
                            {xen:phrase guest}<xen:if is="{$i} < {$onlineUsers.limit}">,</xen:if>
                        </li>
                <xen:if is="{$onlineUsers.recordsUnseen}">
                    <li class="moreLink">... <a href="{xen:link online}" title="{xen:phrase see_all_visitors}">{xen:phrase and_x_more, 'count={xen:number $onlineUsers.recordsUnseen}'}</a></li>
            </ol>

<div class="footnote">
            {xen:phrase online_now_x_members_y_guests_z_robots_a, 'total={xen:number $onlineUsers.total}', 'members={xen:number $onlineUsers.members}', 'guests={xen:number $onlineUsers.guests}', 'robots={xen:number $onlineUsers.robots}'}
        </div>
    </div>
</div>
<!-- end block: sidebar_online_users -->

I don't know how to do that, either, unfortunately.

A workaround you could do, though, is to make the link color the same color as your username. Are you the only staff, though, currently?
There are multiple staff, some have red names and others have blue (both emboldened). Brogan's fix at the beginning of the OP should be working, but for some reason it's not.

Herp-derp. Just wanted to say I've just had the same issue. I'd installed the Widget framework for another mod (which we've since disabled) and wondered why changes to those templates didn't work and seemed to have reverted.

If anyone else has this, you're looking for templates with the prefix: wf_widget_

EG: wf_widget_online_users

Last edited:
Top Bottom