1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Sidebar Responsive Issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by leemy, Feb 23, 2015.

1. leemy

leemy Member

I have some responsive design issues on my forum, with the sidebar overwhelming the mobile screen when in the ~iphone viewport size. I thought it might be an issue with one of the few addons installed (widget framework), but that is up to date with their September 2014 update.

Thanks. see: http://classicalteamsforum.com/discuss/

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. leemy

leemy Member

Yes. I went to Styles --> Default Style --> Style Properties

upload_2015-2-23_11-4-26.png

However in the next tabs of Wide, Medium, Narrow, all entries are blank except in medium:

upload_2015-2-23_11-5-8.png

I don't think I changed anything in styles, responsive design, or applied any themes. I don't think this happened with the 1.4.5 upgrade, it was like this just before, too.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can revert any changed style properties to get them back to the defaults.

Assuming you haven't changed the master style, in which case you would need to rebuild the master data.

5. leemy

leemy Member

I went to each size and clicked "Undo Changes" but nothing happened. What defaults should I enter, or how do I get to them? Thank you

6. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I'd check/revert any customizations you have in page_container, you're not loading the required "Responsive" class.

Your html:

Code:
    <html id="XenForo" class="Public LoggedOut">

7. leemy

leemy Member

Sorry, more importantly: I don't have a "Reset" checkbox next to anything

8. leemy

leemy Member

@Russ where do I reset that? I don't think I've made any changes in the admin control panel, and definitely have made no direct code changes.

Thanks.

9. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Appearance -> Templates -> PAGE_CONTAINER

At the bottom they may be a button called: REVERT TEMPLATE

Might not be it but it's worth a shot :), clicking that button would lose any customization.

leemy likes this.
  10. leemy

leemy Member

@Russ that seemed to have worked, thanks! At least, it looks normal for me. Are the responsive elements @Brogan mentioned now present?