Sidebar questions

mrchasez

On my current theme, i have a custom sidebar "box".

Inside of a template called vote i have this
"<div class="section">
<div class="secondaryContent">
<h3>Online / Vote</h3>
HTML CODE HERE
</div>"

I have a new style, i add "vote" as a template but the block don't show up.
Which makes me think i have to add a line of code in another template, i just don't know which one.

Do you have the template "vote" in the new style? If you create a custom template in your old style, it will not be carried to the new style unless the new style is a child style of the old one.

I agree with James and xfrocks. Basically make sure the relevant templates exist and are correct in your new style. If you continue to have problems then I can take a look if you give me admin access.

How is that if I may ask? Because you did not receive a reply for an hour or so?

No because there used to be really good answers almost immediately and for my recent threads they don't for a day or two.
I have seen them not get a reply at all for more then a day.

I agree with James and xfrocks. Basically make sure the relevant templates exist and are correct in your new style. If you continue to have problems then I can take a look if you give me admin access.

I have this code:
<div class="section">
<div class="secondaryContent">
<h3>Online / Vote</h3>
HTML CODE HERE
</div>"

In the style, in a template named "Vote"

Do i have to add like <xen:Vote> to another Template for it to appear??

I assume the template contains the ending </div> tag, because the code you posted is missing one.

You can see an example of a xen:include for a sidebar block in this template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> forum_list

Since your vote block is in a separate template you need to "xen:include" it in the sidebar in the content template for the page.

I assume the template contains the ending </div> tag, because the code you posted is missing one.

You can see an example of a xen:include for a sidebar block in this template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> forum_list

Since your vote block is in a separate template you need to "xen:include" it in the sidebar in the content template for the page.

It worked! I love you :D
How could i add stuff to the homepage aswell?

Top Bottom