1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sidebar 'Most Liked Threads & User' Widget...

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Windmill Design, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Windmill Design

Windmill Design New Member

Hello all,

I would like to integrate some 'widget' style lists to the sidebar on the forum home page.

I would like the lists to include;
    • Most 'liked' threads (original posts only) from forum A within the past 24 hours with user avatar alongside each item.
    • Most 'liked' threads (original posts only) from forum A within the past week with user avatar alongside each item.
    • Most 'liked' threads (original posts only) from forum A overall time period with user avatar alongside each item.
    • Most 'liked' user from forum A overall time period with user avatar alongside each item.
    What would be the best way to go about creating these lists? Is there an add-on that I can utilise or would a custom PHP approach be the preferred option?

I do not need assistance with regards to styling etc once the lists are created within the 'widget'.

Thank you in advance for all of your help and I look forward to reading the responses soon.

2. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

3. Windmill Design

Windmill Design New Member

Thank you Shelley - that is a good start in terms of setting up the widgets.

Can anybody help with regards to creating the lists outlined above?

Thank you in advance for any help.